JWs—BLOODY DEATHS LIST

JWs—BLOODY DEATHS LIST
adam.com.au/bstett/JwDEATHS75.htm

For example, the “retirement age couple” in Table I [Below] were the subject of a letter to a newspaper:

Recently a tragic event in the University Hospital of San Antonio was videotaped and aired on the television documentary “Trauma: Life in the ER”…
The doctor asked the woman if they could clean her own blood that she was still losing and put it back into circulation. The woman refused this as well, and with a low blood count a few days after surgery, she died of resulting complications…
It just happens that the Jan. 8, 2000 issue of the “Awake!” magazine, published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, lists some alternatives to blood transfusions acceptable for Jehovah’s Witnesses which includes the use of a machine that cleans the lost blood of a patient and puts it back into circulation…
(Mount Forest Confederate 2000 March 8)
Tables I & II incorporate information from the Internet site:
WATCHTOWER VICTIMS MEMORIAL
Table 1 lists referenced deaths — reported in newspapers and magazines — and includes many not listed on the web site.

Table II lists unreferenced deaths — obtained by the web site creator via e-mail and correspondence. I’ve deleted deaths by suicide as these are a separate topic. Table II could be extended by searching in anti-JW magazines. TIDBITS (2000 Oct/Nov), for example, says:

No blood transfusion rule continues to take lives. Domenica Asciutto died delivering her first child after refusing a potentially life saving transfusion. (p. 10)
1 year ago, JW Thomas Branco while moving his disabled car was hit by a DUI driver. He said “I am a JW, I don’t want blood under any circumstances” doctors were unable to save him. (p. 8)

BLOODY DEATHS LIST—DISCUSSION

A blank in the "Reference" column of Table I represents news items sighted but which lacked the name of the item or date.

The list is partial. There are thousands of newspapers and magazines and most lack indexes. Even if all news reports about JW deaths could be found this would still omit all who did not come to the notice of reporters.

In Investigator No. 12 it’s argued that four JWs have died needlessly in South Australia. Since SA has about 1/700th of all JWs worldwide a rough estimate is that worldwide since the 1940s about 700 x 4 =2800 JWs have died needlessly. Since Investigator No. 12,  possible 5th and 6th SA victims have come to notice — increasing the world estimate to 700 x 6 = 4200.

New Zealand has about 1/400th of all JWs worldwide. The table includes 2 deaths in New Zealand which, if there were no others, would give a world estimate of only 400 x 2 = 800.

Some anti-JW magazines estimate 6,000 needless JW deaths per year but give no calculation. We need more calculations of the above sort and based on cities, states and countries for which all JW deaths from blood loss are known.

Another technique would be to ask ex-JWs about blood-loss deaths in congregations they used to attend. If we sample 1000 ex-JWs we could work out the average deaths from blood loss per congregation and multiply this by the number of congregations worldwide.

Another point is that the rejection of a transfusion is often only a contributing cause of death. The JW is sick or injured in the first place and often survival is only a probability even with a transfusion. For example, one entry in Table I says "3 to 15 dead". This refers to cardiovascular surgery on 542 JWs during a 20-year period:

adam.com.au/bstett/JwDEATHS75.htm

In my experience, jws will only cite those who have survived after refusing transfusions. The miracle is because they “abided by God’s law”.
If you point out to them documentation of those who have died, and there are MANY, they will just say that those persons are assured of the “earthly paradise” because they “abided by God’s law”.

You cannot reason with jws.

perhaps… but i thought our CAF members might like to see some of the stats for themselves.

even if only one person died due to this doctrine, I would think it would be outright murder. Since we know there are so many that do, Its mass murder.

I have often wondered if the Governing Body keeps this “teaching” going to limit the number of potential 144,000 - IOW, if more die off less spots filling up heaven. Also the disfellowshipping. If they keep that up like they have it will also slow down the “potentials” list. If they keep asking for ridiculous amounts of field service work it will likely result in less people to qualify, if they teach that only the 144,000 can partake at the memorial service, and they know there is no teaching that states non 144,000 cant partake, (its to be taken seriously sure, but where did Jesus say 144,000 do this in memory of me? So, I think the hookey doctrines like these are simply insurance policies for the GB to keep less from qualifying for heaven.
So if refusing blood is killing them off, all the better I bet they think. This will keep the numbers lower of any new claimers to be annointed.

I know this doesnt sound clear the way I worded it, but what I am trying to say is I think they invented lots of ways to keep the numbers low to qualify for heaven by killing them off or by making it impossible to many people.

They even had an Awake issue in the 90s dedicated to children that died “putting God First”.

I think that is indefensible. :mad:

i agree with you, it is indefensible, and i also agree with damascus, it is kind of like murder isn’t it? either way you look at it, it is unforgiveable.

So many of them have died it’s scary. They refuse to give out the # of those who died for refusing treatments, but only give #s of those who survived w/o them. That’s their way of covering their butts.

This is one of the BIG arguments I have w/my DH. I’m afraid that if he ever needed a blood treatment, he’d die (God forbid he’d ever need it).

It’s a way to control the JWs and these poor people believe all the lies so they abide to their rules. They truly believe they’ll die, get a disease, get disfellowshipped, or, worse of all, not be allowed to live eternally…

What sickens me the most is the way they actually take pride in telling people about all those who were willing to die for the organization! I went to a king-dumb hall as a guest, and listened as the man giving the speech spoke fondly of a little girl who willingly died for the organization by refusing blood!

This is a warning for all JWs who allow thier children to die for the WT:

Lev 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.

Lev 20:2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
Lev 20:3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
Lev 20:4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
Lev 20:5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

(molech - false religion)

You guys might find the following podcast interesting and very scary:

Download below at the link below:

catholicxjw.blogspot.com/2006/06/blood-on-altar.html

Or Listen On-Line at the link below:

archive.org/details/JefferySchwehmCatholicxjwPodcast9

Remember, the JWs are in need of major prayers. Please pray for them and for our apostolate.

Jeff S.
www.catholicxjw.com

Arsenic? Those murderers!:mad:

yeah, and they call themselves the TRUTH! :mad: fathom that!
:mad:

I had refrained myself from calling them that, but that is what they are: murderers

We are all hypocrites, sinners before a perfect and merciful God. Everyone regardless of religion, has fallen short, missed the mark, and need forgiveness. So before we start pointing fingers at the JW’s, as false a religion it is, let us examine our own lives as Catholics. It is easy for us to point fingers and become angry. I too, find various practices of the Witnesses, deeply troubling and cause for concern, yet I am learning that living our Holy Faith takes an immense effort, as opposed to using words. As my father has said to me “point your finger, and three point back.” How true this is my brothers and sisters. Let us pray for them, love them…be angry with their injustice sure, but let’s be mindful in how we use our judgement in expressing it. God Bless…and Merry Christmas everyone and a happy 2007!

This may be a subject for a separate thread, but does anyone know anything about Christian Science? I once had a CS family living next door to me. The woman tried to get me interested in it, gave me a copy of M.B. Eddy’s Science of Health w/Key to the Scriptures, which I found unreadable. Along the way, it seems like I heard that Christian Scientists are also loathe to obtain blood transfusions, or much traditional medical care at all, for that matter.

it is a subject for another thread, and if you want to know what it is , google it. we’ll stick to the topic at hand here. thanks.

Cam-masta ,

we are only pointing out facts here friend. no one is cutting down the sheep in the organization, only calling out those in it that are responsible for the deaths that they claim are done for God.

I know Marilena… I just say this about the ones who actually let their children & other loved ones die.

I guess I took it to a bad level. I apologize. I guess all this JW talk gets to my head and get angry. I feel really sad my DH is involved in this so called religion. I’d hate to lose him for refusing treatment if he ever needed it.

Also, I don’t know how much longer I can read these posts. This is getting me to argue every single day w/my DH. I don’t want that. I love him dearly and all this JW talk is driving me to a point where I can’t stand it that he is one of them. They are nice people, in fact, my DH is the sweetest person I’ve ever known, even more than some Catholics I know…

Please pray for me so I don’t keep on arguing w/him.

You don’t have to argue with him about everything all at once and everyday. Constant arguing probably only reinforces his beliefs to himself that they may be right. Its a long road that you will have to take to use your love and be a model to show him the errors.

It would be sad if put in that situation if he did choose to follow the blood doctorine (IMO a selfish decision) and you did lose a husband or future father to your children or worse if he were to be put in the role to make that decision for your future children. That realization hit me HARD when my wife chose someone else (not me) to be the one to make that decision if it were to ever occur to her because she knew I wouldn’t follow the WTS. It was in a way, the beginning of the end.

I guess it wasn’t meant for me after all :slight_smile: but I still apologize for calling them murderers…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.