Kabbalist Blesses Jones: Now´s the Time to Find Holy Lost Ark (Arutz Sheva)

May 20, '05 / 11 Iyar 5765

An unnamed Kabbalist has granted blessing to famed archeologist Dr. Vendyl Jones to uncover the Holy Ark of the Covenant. Jones plans to excavate the Lost Ark by the Tisha B’Av Fast this summer.

The famed archaeologist, the inspiration for the “Indiana Jones” movie series, has spent most of his life searching for the Ark of the Covenant. The ark was the resting place of the Ten Commandments, given to the Jewish people at Mount Sinai, and was hidden just before the destruction of the First Temple.

The Talmud says the Ark is hidden in a secret passage under the Temple Mount. Jones says that the tunnel actually continues 18 miles southward, and that the Ark was brought through the tunnel to its current resting place in the Judean Desert.

Throughout the many years of his quest, Jones has been in close contact and under the tutelage of numerous Rabbis and Kabbalists. Extremely knowledgeable in Torah, Talmud and Kabbalah sources dealing with Holy Temple issues, Jones has now received permission from both known and secret Kabbalists to finally uncover the lost ark.

Dr. Jones, who divides his time between Texas and Israel, has been here since March 9th ready to finally reveal the Ark. However, he has been waiting for both permission from the mysterious Kabbalist and for project funding to come through.

As recently as last month, the rabbi, who only communicates via messenger, told Jones that the time was not yet right to discover the Temple vessels.

Last Thursday, however, Dr. Jones received a communication from the rabbi reading, “The time is right.”

Armed with this and other blessings, Jones is now excited to uncover his life’s pursuit. He believes the ark will be discovered by Tisha B’Av (Aug. 14), a day of repeated tragedy in Jewish history. Most notably, it is the anniversary of the destruction of both the First and Second Holy Temples.

Noahide guru Jones says that the State of Israel is passing through the same biblical straights as the generation that first entered Israel after the exodus from Egypt. “If history repeats itself, the history itself is prophecy,” Jones says.

“Israel is different from all other nations in a lot of ways, but more than anything else, Israel is the only nation whose history was written before it happened.”

Once a Christian pastor, Jones left his post to become a leader of the growing Noahide movement. Noahides are G-d fearing non-Jews who observe the seven laws of Noah, which are obligatory upon all of humanity…

Full article

Mods,

Wasn’t quite sure where to start this thread. I put it in the Apologetics forum because of the “historical controversy” surrounding the Ark. Feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum.

• s

For a minute there I thought someone had named a kid Indiana Jones and taught him about the Ark.

Good luck to Dr. Jones but I’m not exactly jumping with anticipation.

This is an amazing development, is it not?

1. The finding of the ark of the covenant would necessarily facilitate, or necessitate the re-construction of the third temple on the the temple mount. This could have disastrous consequences for peace in the Middle East.

2. The re-finding of the ark was prophecied, according to Jones, in more than one of the books fo the bible. If so, then we should all be concerned, because the prophecies of the third temple, are also considered to coincide time wise with the battle of Armaggeddon.

3. IF the ark is re-discovered, and the temple re-built, what theological questions does this raise for Christianity and Islam. Both religions claim to extend Judaism. IF the temple is re-built, does this not repudiate, or call into question, the veracity of these two religions, because it re-establishs Judaism???

I think that this is a REALLY big deal, that most people haven’t got a clue as to its implications…

If it is the will of God, Jones will find the Ark. If it is not the will of God, this will turn into another “James, Brother of Jesus Tomb” story - it will gain speed and turn out to be completely wrong. No one will know the time of the return of the Master…only God.

Just in case…go to confession!

RyanL

Yowza :eek:

The Ark has already been found. It is in the safe keeping of the Coptic Church in Ethiopia. There have been several books written about this. I’m just popping through right now but I’ll look up the last one I read about this (and it was fairly convincing) which was written about 2002. Basic premise: The Queen of Sheba was Ethiopian. Solomon and Sheba had a son and their descendants were responsible for removing the Ark to Ethiopia when it was obvious that Jerusalem would fall to the Babylonians.

Wouldn’t that be a trip if they actually found it?

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.