Kagan Calls Extreme Activist Liberal Judge 'My Judicial Hero'

Kagan Calls Extreme Activist Liberal Judge ‘My Judicial Hero’

TODAY’S HEADLINES | SEND NEWS TIPS | DONATE
SHARE: E-MAIL PRINT

By Kathleen Gilbert

WASHINGTON, D.C., May 27, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Conservatives are raising the alarm after it was revealed that U.S. Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan once hailed an Israeli judge famous for his aggressive judicial activism as “my judicial hero.”

Aharon Barak, the former president of the Supreme Court of Israel, received glowing praise from Kagan when she introduced him for a Harvard University award ceremony in September 2006.

“He is the judge who has best advanced democracy, human rights, the rule of law and justice,” said Kagan, who was dean of Harvard Law School at the time.

A World Net Daily report pointed to comments by Jerusalem Post columnist Caroline Glick, who claimed that under Barak’s watch "the country was effectively transformed from a parliamentary democracy governed by law into a judicial tyranny governed by the preferences and prejudices of a fraternity of lawyers that Barak empowered

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/may/10052708.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.