Kaine doesn’t see need for apology over leaked emails

The Democratic vice presidential nominee, Virginia Senator Tim Kaine, said Sunday that Hillary Clinton sees his Catholicism as a “real asset,” and stopped short of suggesting that campaign officials should apologize for leaked emails critical of the Catholic Church on gender equality and other issues.

cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2016/10/16/kaine-doesnt-see-need-apology-leaked-emails/

A “real asset” except when it opposes abortion on demand, sames sex marriage, gender fluidity, and the HHS mandate. And if her campaign staff works for a ‘revolution’ within the Church, well, that’s just fine too.

Well, of course he doesn’t think the Clinton people should apologize for their anti-Catholicism. He sees nothing to apologize for. As one who thinks the Church will someday accept homosexual marriage, he’s no different from them.

Priorities on Tim Kaine’s list: 1.Democratic Party 2.Catholicism

No. Not even close:

1. The agenda of the sexual revolution;
  2. Undermining the Church to achieve it;
  3. NARAL and Planned Parenthood;
  4. The democrat party

“We all have opinions, and I don’t think you need to apologize for your opinions,” he said. “But, in fact, that’s a great thing about our country and even about being Catholic, we have plenty of opinions."]

He can’t possibly be serious.

If he defended a racist or a “homophobe” with this type of language, his career would effectively be over.

But because anti-Catholicism is not the prejudice de jour, he can get away with playing the “but it’s only an opinion!” card? Hm. Fashions are so tedious.

By the way, I would love to line up about 100 faithful Catholics and ask them to list their top 10 favorite things about their faith. “I love the freedom of being able to have an opinion” obviously would make it to at least number 3 on the overall list.

What on earth is he talking about? :bluelite:

:thumbsup: he would love to see the Catholic Church change its teachings to line up
with the democrat party!

I laughed when he said that Hillary sees his Catholic faith as a ‘real asset’… well, of course she sees it as a real asset, just like ‘Catholics In Alliance for the Common Good’ and *‘Catholics United’ *are also seen as ‘real assets’.

Either Tim Kaine is in on it, or he is being duped.

Hope it’s the latter, may God have mercy on him if it’s the former. He has already adopted many of the heresies of these pseudo Catholic groups.

“For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”

I hope this has helped

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

I would categorize the first three under #4.

:thumbsup:

Beat me too it. :wink:

Hillary is a religious woman, so it’s not difficult to see how she would value his devotion to the Catholic Church. They are well-suited in matters of faith.

:eek:

But Mr. Kaine is not devoted to the Catholic Church–he is devoted to the church he would like it to transform it into, which would not be and is not the Catholic Church as it is and has been and always will be.

Exactly.

lol

Don’t worry, I see why she values it. :wink:

Perhaps she feels that his calling himself Catholic will bring her votes.
I don’t believe either of the two to be religious.

Of course he doesn’t see a need to apologize. Remember we live in a world where everything is alright, correct? His attitude and others who share it,is as much a part of the problem as Hillary is.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.