Kaine Tweets OSU ‘Senseless Act of Gun Violence’ – Updates After No Gun Involved

Kaine Tweets OSU ‘Senseless Act of Gun Violence’ – Updates After No Gun Involved

By Eric Scheiner | November 28, 2016 | 2:20 PM EST

(CNSNews.com) - With early reports of an “active shooter” on the Ohio State University campus Monday, Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) tweeted about the “senseless act of gun violence” before updating the campus attack was performed with a car and a knife.

“Deeply saddened by the senseless act of gun violence at Ohio State this morning. Praying for the injured and the entire Buckeye community,” Kaine tweeted at 11:58 AM.

The Associated Press reports authorities are saying nine people were injured at Ohio State University when an attacker purposely drove over a curb and into pedestrians and then got out of the vehicle and began stabbing people with a butcher knife. . . .

cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/kaine-tweets-osu-senseless-act-gun-violence-updates-after-no-gun-involved

Aside from the news story itself, the need to pray for all involved here, etc. . . . .

I found two things interesting concerning this story.

Tim Kaine (D-Va.) tweeted about the “senseless act of gun violence” before updating the campus attack was performed with a car and a knife

One - That Mr. Kaine impetiously publicly Tweeted out his “gun violence” comment apparently unaware that there was no gun involved in the crime here (at least by the perpetrator).

Two - That so far NOBODY in the mainstream media seems to be reporting this!?

I Googled . . .

Tim Kaine and “senseless act of gun violence” and ______.

Where the blank was . . . .

USA Today
CNN
CBS
ABC
MSNBC
FoxNews

And so far not one Google hit.

MANY from alternative news sources (including screen shots).

But NONE of the usual mainstream outlets reported Kaine’s erroneous quip.

You can have “fake news” in a sense by omission too. I am not saying this is “fake news” by omission, but I am saying this (so far) reporting oversight seems hard to understand.

Why would the media need to be reporting what Tim Kaine says? He was the running mate of Hillary Clinton whose campaign lost the presidency …as what typically happens with most campaigns after they lose, the running mates will lose media airtime. I think now hes pretty irrelevant to the media.

Poor Tim Kaine.

He should just suck it up and land a writing gig at the National Catholic Reporter, if they’ll still have him. :smiley:

I saw ABC News and others reporting gun at first, then retracting (or rather, pretending they didn’t). I don’t see how this tweet is newsworthy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.