Kansas cutting off Medicaid funds for Planned Parenthood

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas will prevent Planned Parenthood from receiving any funds through its Medicaid program, Gov. Sam Brownback announced Tuesday in a State of the State address that encouraged state legislators to enshrine such a policy into law.

The Republican governor also spent part of his speech before a joint session of the GOP-dominated Legislature criticizing Democratic President Barack Obama on national security issues. Brownback said Kansas is prepared “to thwart every action” by the Obama administration to move prisoners being held as terrorism suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to Fort Leavenworth.

news.yahoo.com/kansas-cutting-off-medicaid-funds-planned-parenthood-233947166.html

Well, this is certainly good news.

Great news!

:thumbsup: I hope another governor cannot reverse it.

How many states are we at now? I know Ohio defunded as well and Texas at least attempted to.

Wonderful news! Thank you for sharing it!

They have to do it every year, surely, it’s up around a dozen or more. I’ve tried to look into that exact stat.

New Jersey
Ohio
Kansas
Wisconsin
Texas
Indiana
Oklahoma

I assume states like Alabama and so on have, someone needs to run a tabulation, I think I have seen such a map.

Michigan needs to get off the Gruber list - they helped Flint save money on their drinking water and now all the children need testing to determine the lead poisoning they have been drinking. The children need to be protected from those that kill them and sell their body parts
but, the Democrats want that money for their electability so it may be some time before Michigan joins the other states in cutting off funds to Planned Parenthood. Follow the $.

I wonder what political party is in charge in Kansas? /sarcasm

Democrats have been entrenched in Michigan for years. Detroit, Flint, Saginaw all depended on unions/Democrats to keep auto wages high - and then of course it all falls apart.

Indiana did it but lost in court. The initial attempt was to ban all abortion providers from Medicaid contracts. In light of recent videos, maybe the next attempt will only ban abortion providers who also illegally sell fetal tissue, or are under investigation. Somehow the Appeals Court found that Planned Parenthood has a right to our tax money.:confused:

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.