Kansas mom dies days after giving birth to triplets [NY Daily News]

Kansas mom dies days after giving birth to triplets

A Kansas mom of five who had just given birth to triplets died minutes after she arrived home from the hospital.

Casi Rott, 36, was briefly reunited with her two older daughters at the family’s rural farm — which she hadn’t seen in months because she stayed with family closer to the hospital toward the end of her high-risk pregnancy — on Feb. 8.

“That day was the happiest I’d ever seen her,” her husband, Joey, told the Kansas City Star of the reunion.

But just after she walked through the door, she started having severe chest pains, brought on by a blood clot. She died as her husband frantically drove her back to the hospital.

Family, friends, neighbors and perfect strangers have rallied around Joey Rott and his five kids, 7-year-old Chloe, 2-year-old Tenley and newborn triplets Levi, Asher and Piper. An online fundraiser for the Rott family quickly surpassed its $10,000 goal, clocking in at nearly $85,000 Tuesday morning.

Read More At: m.nydailynews.com/news/national/kansas-mom-dies-days-giving-birth-triplets-article-1.2556633?cid=msn

So very sad.

Saying prayers for all.

praying for the repose of her soul and prayers for her husband and children.

Praying for the repose of her soul & for her family.

How terribly sad.

Praying that Our Father in Heaven will bring peace and comfort to her family and bring her quickly home to Him.

I heard some sort of vague commentary elsewhere that the Hospital and I don’t want to speculate haphazardly, possibly* could* have kept her another day but perhaps chose not to, it sounded like red tape but what a tragic event and across to bear for her families, she seemed like a very lovely lady and they look like a lovely family. Prayers for them.

Prayers offered. :frowning:

Yeah basically they let you walk out of there long as someone else is there to drive. Usually it falls under one day surgery but this is different.

Terrible thing to have to go through. Prayers are with them all.

:gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.