Karachi airport siege: 21 dead, Pakistani army declares 'area cleared'

Heavily armed militants launched an assault on Pakistan’s busiest airport in the southern city of Karachi, leaving at least 21 dead including 10 militants in a six-hour siege that the army quelled at dawn.

hindustantimes.com/world-news/karachi-airport-siege-pak-army-declares-area-cleared-21-dead/article1-1227474.aspx

It would seem that there has been a terrorist attack in Pakistan. How sad. :frowning:

You know, earlier I was posting about violence here in the United States but the increase in violence seems to be worldwide. I wonder what is going on with our world? Is it sin? Is it Satan? In my opinion it’s probably both but are there other factors involved? If so, what can we do to stop the increase in violence?

I feel like the world is definitely seeing an increase in violence.

We don’t seem to be safe from violence anywhere in the world
anymore. I just see it getting worse.

I think the violence is increasing too. I know someone in another thread mentioned that the murder rate here in the United States is really gone down. Perhaps that is true for the murder rate but what about the violent crime rate. It seems to have gone up if you ask me. That said, I don’t know if there are any worldwide statistics on such things or not.

I just did a search and came up with a few things.

First of all, here is a document which is pretty long from the “European Institute For Crime Prevention and Control Associated With The United Nations” on “International Statistics on Crime and Justice”.

unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/Crime-statistics/International_Statistics_on_Crime_and_Justice.pdf

Second, here is Wikipedia on the List of Contries by Intentional Homicide Rate:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

I can’t really find anything else. There’s a ton of links out there but none that are specifically about international rates of violent crime that I can find.

I am tired of terrorists wanting to terrorize because of religion, politics or hate.

So many innocent people being hurt and killed here in the u.s. and around the world.

I am also tired of terrorists. It is really sad that they want to murder people because of religion, politics or hate, but especially because of religion. True religion is not meant to be used in such a way. True religion is meant to have us love God and also our neighbor as ourselves.

That said, I am glad that there are laws which help to prevent terrorists from carrying our their wicked deeds but ultimately this world needs to be changed on a deeper level. People need to be converted to Christ and His Church. Only God can renew our hearts to such an extent to where there will be less evil in this world. One must also keep in mind that terrorism is not the only evil in this world. There are plenty of other evils such as pride, greed, selfishness, etc. We are all sinners and regrettably I think I am one of the foremost of sinners. I have a ton of work to do before I become virtuous but I do have hope in Christ that someday I will be more virtuous than I am now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.