Kasich Thread

For topics about Kasich

Thank You!

Kasich is not clear on whether to use religion to justify his positions:
Matthew 25 includes a call for more entitlement spending and provides biblical justification for Obamacare, according to Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
watchdog.org/194917/kasich-bible-obamacare/
But OTOH, Kasich says: “I don’t go out and try to win a vote using God. I think that cheapens God.”
redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/02/03/john-kasich-just-told-ridiculous-lie-campaign-season/

Kasich is the best all around choice. I will write him in if I have to.

I like Kasich, but I think he would make a good VP too. He is not getting many votes and I think he should suspend his campaign like Rubio did. He obviously has stayed in for his ego to win Ohio and take delegates away from Trump. He is a nice guy and swears he can beat Hillary, but I have my doubts!

:thumbsup:

Me too.

You guys can vote the way you want but…

Remember 3rd party candidate Ralph Nader siphoned off enough votes from Al Gore in 2000 to give Bush the presidency. I remember talking to some Nader supporters after the election and it was as if someone had died. They regretted their vote.

Oh, I don’t think he can beat Hillary, he’s just not well known among the voters. I see him more as a VP, too. He can have a short temper at times, so he’d have to learn to keep that in check.

I am glad he took Ohio from Trump. If the Republicans don’t want Trump, they’ll have to do some rewriting of the convention rules. Right now, only Trump is qualified to have his name placed in nomination. I suppose Romeny, et al. are discussing all the alternative today.

Why thank you so kindly for your permission. :slight_smile: :tiphat:

Remember 3rd party candidate Ralph Nader siphoned off enough votes from Al Gore in 2000 to give Bush the presidency. I remember talking to some Nader supporters after the election and it was as if someone had died. They regretted their vote.

Trust me! I won’t regret it!:wink:

Go Buckeyes!!!:thumbsup:

Yes, the Buckeyes are great, and Ohio is a great state! Kasich has done a lot of good there. :thumbsup:

I have had to endure him as Governor and no he is not the best choice.

Vote for him if you wish. You better get used to saying President Hillary Clinton if you do.

The same outcome will happen with the current front runner/

I do agree with you on the President Hillary Clinton part, whether she’s running against the governor of Ohio or a billionaire businessman.

Kasich is known to many of us who have watched politics for more than a few years. I have not seen a temper from Kasich, but of course I do not know him personally. And as for the convention rules, I believe the rules committee decides on the rules prior to the convention. While I don’t support Trump, I do not think the party elders should keep him out if he wins the support of the delegates no matter how I feel about their reasoning for backing him.

The entitlement bank is bankrupt.

Yes they are and I do not really care what the critics have to say about John Boehner. He was the GOP 's “super-pack/secret controlers groups” last chance of working at having a change of heart of trying to keep unbridled capitalism,…well,… unbridled.
Now they have Trump who has decided to take things into his own hands…and who knows how that will all play out. Either way I do believe the writing is on the walls for them. It does not matter if Trump or Hilary wins the Presidency. It is the beginning of the end of their trying to manipulate and control affairs to their benefit and to the detriment of others. The only heart breaking thing is that it is going to be a bloody mess for every one else untill the dust settles.

I do agree with you on the President Hillary Clinton part, whether she’s running against the governor of Ohio or a billionaire businessman.
[/quote]

She won’t be running against Kasich. Only two Republican candidates still have a shot.

But if Kasich throws the race to Trump, then you can be sure that Hillary will clean up. :frowning:

Four bankruptcies haven’t stopped Trump yet.

I know what you mean.

Frankly, I think I was a bit more receptive to Mitt Romney’s strategic-voting approach than a lot of posters here (although I think the way he presented it could have been **much **better :(). However, now that FL and OH have held their primaries, I think the (if you will) “strategic-voting people” and the “straight-competition people” should merge into a nice simple “Make Your Vote Count” movement. :slight_smile:

Oh I don’t agree. If Trump keeps the support base he currently has and keeps fueling that fire he will win even over Hilary.

When bottled up anger and frustration finally breaks free nothing but a miracle could temper
it. And if you want to know just how angry the GOP base is just look at how many of them are voting for Trump instead of Cruz and ask why. The only answer I have come up with is because Trump is angrier than Cruz and this is what appeals to them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.