KC Membership Forums

I think its stupid that the KC requires a sponcer. No one will be one for me. I have gone to so much trouble to get one. I even had one guy tell me to ___ off when I asked him. This is just unbelievable.Your thoughts?

Talk to the membership director or one of the council officers.

Personally, I wouldn't join an organization that didn't want me. There are many other organizations and charities that would be more than happy to take you without the sponsorship and ritual nonsense.

They are a fraternal organization. The person sponsoring basically needs to identify you to the membership as someone like a brother to him. If you would like to be counted among them, perhaps you can start by being a brother to those around you. One of their number may well take notice.

[quote="Ukrforever, post:1, topic:248159"]
I think its stupid that the KC requires a sponcer. No one will be one for me. I have gone to so much trouble to get one. I even had one guy tell me to ___ off when I asked him. This is just unbelievable.Your thoughts?

[/quote]

Come to Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Ruthenian Catholic!) in Albuquerque - we even have one Ukrainian Catholic in our council.

Other than that, sorry, I can't give you advice. And it makes sense to require a sponsor.

also I don't know you so it's quite possible that you have a severe moral defect which would preclude you from Knights membership - but I don't know.

I didn't have to have a sponsor when I joined last year. Is it up to the council?

This is an internet forum and I have never met you but is it possible you are asking in a truly annoying and obnoxious way?

I sometimes get the feeling that posters are people i would avoid irl.

Take a chill pill. Find out when a local KoC is doing a servise event and ask to voulenteer with them. Work hard, have fun and wait for them to invite you to another event. At that second event scope out your potential sponsor. Sometime later in the regular parish proceedings approach the guy and ask him if he'd help you join.

Somehow i picture your previous attrmpts like "oh youre wearing a fuzzy hat. Will you be my sponsor. Im a good catholic and i go to mass and feed the poor and tithe....etc" Even the best of men would say bug off.

FYI I asked many people in the most polite way. I am not the one who is rude etc.. would you like it if someone swore at you for no reason at all I was trying to explain to him its just a sig . I am not the one who should be judged on my behavior. I dont think he should treat a brother knight like that. I can just imagine hed swear at someone who called to ask him to volunteer.

[quote="Ukrforever, post:8, topic:248159"]
FYI I asked many people in the most polite way. I am not the one who is rude etc.. would you like it if someone swore at you for no reason at all I was trying to explain to him its just a sig . I am not the one who should be judged on my behavior. I dont think he should treat a brother knight like that. I can just imagine hed swear at someone who called to ask him to volunteer.

[/quote]

again your "most polite" may be pretentious. You may be comming off as arrogant. My parents taught me early on that if "everyone" is "always" against you its you and not them. If they are out of line contact the pastor at the hosting parish....just by the way you write I have a feeling they are not. You write as an innocent vicitm yet offer us no evidence you have contributed in a way that would endeer them to you.

Youre asking a big favor from someone who dosnt know you from a hole in the wall.
why should a guy jump up and down at such an offer?

If you have known them for a while 3-6mo or longer and have done hours of service work with them you should know by now if they are jerks. If they are and your applying anyway thats a bit masochistic.

I wasnt being rude about it but at first the guy said hed love to be my sponcer than he decided hes too new to do so.I talked to the person in charge of admissions and he said its just a sig that is needed. I asked other people but they claimed they were not the best members to sponcer ie: they hardly volunteer,only joined for the perks. They told me so themselfs. So, I said to the guy that( ive known his family for more than a decade-No one else I know in the KC have known me for more than a month) and I only need a sig thats all thats needed. I also mentioned trying to find others to do it but I have not had any luck. Than he told me to go F off.

No wonder. You sound as if you were pestering him...and that you judge other members. He may know why so and so dosnt come. You likely said something that angered him and put him on the defensive.

Go find another club to join. This is never going to work because of all involved, especally you.

What do you mean because of me?Please explain yourself Also, I dont judge other people they told me they dont go etc…

Three options.
1. You know the guy and he's always been rude. Therefore you should expect nothing less.

1. You know the guy and he acted out of character in which you should approach him with concern about what is going on to cause him to curse.

2. You dont really know the guy and something in your approach (overly chummy, down talking other members...even if you knew) repulsed him.

Ukrforever, you sound like a very gracious man of good character (patience I see in this forum ;)) and I believe any K of C club would be lucky to have you. I wish you all the best in joining. There is no excuse for that man to swear at you when you request his sponsorship. He sounds truly lacking humility IMHO.

Just kick the dust off your shoes and keep your head held high.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.