Keep him Away!!!

No…not me, I, luckily have no man problems at this time:p !!! My sister called me the other day and asked me if I knew of any prayers or novenas to keep someone away.

I, of course, asked her why she needed this and who she wanted to keep away. Turns out that her son’s (he’s almost 4yrs old) father has been trying hard to get back together with her. She doesn’t want this, they haven’t been in a relationship since my nephew was 8 months old. She didn’t make good decisions at the time and that’s how my nephew came to be, she finally realized, after much prayer on my mom’s part, that he wasn’t good for her. He was separated from his wife when my sister started a relationship with him, some time later she became pregnant. He is not Catholic, but he was married for about 12 years in his own Christian church, which means that even if she did decide to give it a try he would have to annul his marriage.

Anyway, she is tempted sometimes because it would make her life easier in some respects in regards to the custody and such, but she also knows it would make her life harder because he is still the same controlling person he was when she left him. She has come to understand that this is not a good idea, and she is much better off without him even though she has to deal with custody issues. The problem is that she’s afraid to flat out turn him down because she knows he’ll get mad and be a jerk about the custody thing. He won’t be flexible when it comes to custody, etc. and he’ll just be a jerk with her instead of being civil.

So, that’s why she wanted some help in the prayer realm to deal with this situation, she just wants him to drop it on his own without having to constantly deal with his invitations and wanting to work it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Lexee,
Perhaps some prayers to St. Joseph would help.

I don’t know of any greater prayer than this…the prayer said to our Blessed Mother.

**MEMORARE **

[size=2]Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, [/size]

that never was it known that anyone

who fled to your protection, implored your help,

or sought your intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence,

I fly to you, O virgin of virgins, my mother.

To you I come, before you I stand,

sinful and sorrowful.

O mother of the Word Incarnate!

Despise not my petitions, but in your mercy

[size=2]hear and answer them. AMEN. [/size]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.