Keep them at home

Coalition of Christian and pro-family groups urge parents to take a stand against pro-homosexual Day of Silence events at local schools

Organizers of the annual “Day of Silence” have dedicated this year’s event to Lawrence King, a 15-year old student whom a classmate shot and killed at E.O. Green Junior High in Oxnard, allegedly for King’s homosexuality and cross-dressing. At the same time, a nationwide coalition of Christian and pro-family groups is urging parents to keep their children home from schools participating in the Day Silence, this year to be held on April 25 (though some schools may have other dates for the event.)

Promoted by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Network (GLSEN), the Day of Silence is an event in which students in middle and high schools and colleges do not speak for all or part of a school day. Participants are provided with “speaking cards,” which read: “Please understand my reasons for not speaking today. I am participating in the Day of Silence … a national youth movement bringing attention to the silence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and their allies. My deliberate silence echoes that silence, which is caused by anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment.” This year’s speaking card mentions Lawrence King, “who was killed in school because of his sexual orientation and gender expression.”

calcatholic.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?id=5fec41d1-1a8a-419b-817f-f7c9e5537612

‘Day of Silence’ Scam Places Children at Risk

By J. Matt Barber

Can you imagine officials at a middle school, junior high or high school setting aside a day to promote “tolerance” for heavy smoking and drinking among children? How about a day where teachers encourage kids to “embrace who they are,” pick up that crack pipe and give it a stiff toke?

Neither can I. The public would go ballistic, and for good reason.

But that hasn’t stopped officials in thousands of schools across the country from promoting other politically correct and socially “in-vogue” behaviors that - both statistically and manifestly - are every bit as dangerous as the aforementioned “frowned-upon” behaviors.
That’s exactly what the homosexual activist “Day of Silence” is all about - advancing, through clever, feel-good propaganda, full acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle among children.

americansfortruth.com/news/day-of-silence-scam-places-children-at-risk.html

“Gay” Sex Kills
"In light of the irrefutable medical facts, it should be considered criminally reckless for educators to teach children that homosexual conduct is a normal, safe and perfectly acceptable alternative form of sexual expression (or ‘sexual orientation’). "

Commentary by J. Matt Barber

April 21, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Can you imagine officials at a middle school, junior high or high school setting aside a day to promote “tolerance” for heavy smoking and drinking among children? How about a day where teachers encourage kids to “embrace who they are,” pick up that crack pipe and give it a stiff toke?

Neither can I. The public would go ballistic, and for good reason.

But that hasn’t stopped officials in thousands of schools across the country from promoting other politically correct and socially “in-vogue” behaviors that - both statistically and manifestly - are every bit as dangerous as the aforementioned frowned-upon behaviors.

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/apr/08042101.html

This event is more about the protection of human beings against discrimination and violence… not about promoting their lifestyle.

The Church teaches us to treat members of this community with respect, compassion, and sensitivity.

Peace be with you.

I think it is fine that Cal Catholic does not like GLSEN, but that doesn’t mean that the Day of Silence itself is wrong.

I wonder if their opposition is more rooted in a desire to rouse up the religious right, to keep it together, rather than actaully being opposed to the Day of Silence.

Well, I know for a fact that one college in New York does a drag queen show that day…so…what exactly are they speaking (or not speaking about)…hum… :rolleyes:

Any event that promotes the sodomite agenda, like this day of silence nonsense, is always wrong, just like the immorality it promotes.

This day of silence nonsense doesn’t protect people, with traditional and conservative moral beliefs about sodomism, from violence, in fact it promotes harrassment and attacks against people who refuse to participate in this immoral activity. Schools who participate routinely punish students who refuse to catipulate to the sodomite agenda like they did.

Discrimination against sodomists isn’t wrong, in fact it is a good thing, we should discriminate or rather differentiate/discern between decent people and evil people, and sodomists are evil people and their evil is increasing thanks in part to immoral events like this day of silence.

To these sodomites and their rabid defenders, anything other than full legal recognition of sodomitic “marriage” with full benefits, is “discrimination” and “violence”.

We don’t show such people respect and compassion by allowing them to dignify their immoral desires and warped sense of freedom though grandstanding stunts like this day of silence( or is it day of sodomy) nonsense.

We show them respect and compassion, by telling them the truth about them and their sins, by preaching the Word of God, by opposing their sins and any and all activitites that even remotely tries to dignify and legitimize their immoral desires and shamefull lust.

‘Let he who is without sin…’

You qualify for that?

You may not see through the lies that they’re promoting but don’t expect us to.
Haven’t you seen what they’ve done to society since they came out of the closet ??

How much more does it take to realize the damage they’ve done ?

‘A day of silence’ indeed !

And it’s not even a few minutes but part of a day or whole day !

It’s like venerating some kind of god or something !

How about using it for all the abortions done in the last 30+ years !

Please don’t use this phrase so indiscriminately…

If you do, don’t leave out ‘…and sin no more.’

I think a blanket condemnation of an entire group of people as evil simply for one sin they happen to commit is a perfectly legitimate cause to bring that verse up.

‘Go and sin no more’ is, of course, applicable if you believe it to be a sin. I’m not stopping you from saying it, but sometimes people seem to forget what preceded – as brilliantly demonstrated by Humanum Genus here. Are we not all sinners? To say ‘you have sinned’ is one thing, to say ‘you are evil’ quite another.

:thumbsup: +1, there.

@Mirdath:
Discerning against the sin isn’t the same as discerning against the sinner. These people are indeed doing evil things, although not all probably know how evil it is. But instead of being afraid of offending them, we should speak out against that lifestyle. If they know it is gravely wrong, deliberately doing it is indeed evil.

Let’s take someone with a different disorder. Let’s say a murdering psychopath. Is it the loving and tolerant thing to do to him kill people? (Tolerant, yes… :rolleyes:) No, we should stop him because his acts are evil. If we called his condition disordered, evil, and unfortunate, if we were openly against his violent lifestyle, if we took action against his continuing to kill people, we would not be doing anything in the least wrong. As a matter of fact, refraining from the above (at least from taking action) would be wrong.

So you’re saying to differentiate between the sin and the sinner?

Sin is evil, but sinner is not?

Then you should explain clearly if that’s what you meant, but using the phrase itself only implies that we can’t make judgement on the act because everybody sins.

If we can’t judge the act, then there’s no room for repentance.

I’m not sure what it has to do with schools, but have you considered organizing something such as this?

:confused:

And what does ‘day of silence’ got to do with school ?

Have you even read the article?

Nobody qualifies for that, but so what? does that mean we shouldn’t lock up pedophiles terrorists and murders anymore??

I would like to think that your answer is no, well its the same thing with sodomites.

And we’re not even talking about locking up sodomites here, we’re just talking about opposing and disrupting this immoral event known as the day of silence.

Here is a site to help you fight agains this immoral day of sodom nonsense.

dayofpurity.org/

:thumbsup:

YES!! a day , to mourn those who were silenced before they could cry their first cry.

Unfortunately we can’t use “day of silence” anymore, otherwise people might think we’re promoting sodomism.

Perhaps day of life would be better.

This reminds me of the response of a particular college student to “Wear Jeans If You’re Gay” Day. He went by the nickname of Night Stalker and looked the part … dressed all the time like a hippie-biker with jean jacket, jeans, tons of chains around his neck, long hair. Well, when the “day” came, Night Stalker showed up to campus wearing a good suit of fine material with a clean white shirt and no jeans or denim material whatsoever anywhere on his person! He still had the tons of chains around his neck and the long hair. :thumbsup:

There’ve got to be similar creative ways to deal with the “Day of Silence” thing …

~~ the phoenix

Why, yes. That is in fact what the Church teaches: acts are evil, people are merely fallen, and one sinner is no better than another.

Then you should explain clearly if that’s what you meant, but using the phrase itself only implies that we can’t make judgement on the act because everybody sins.

Judge the act all you like. What I took exception to was Humanum Genus’ calling an entire class of people innately evil.

Kindly explain how a consensual act between adults equates to non-consensual acts between adults and/or minors unable to consent.

Here is a site to help you fight agains this immoral day of sodom nonsense.

Fight? :rotfl:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.