Keeping my job after the baby comes...and before?

Good morning, fellow prayer warriors!

As you may know, I started a new job recently. I love it! However, there is one snag: my company never told the client I was pregnant and it’s becoming glaringly obvious. Several co-workers have already guessed…the supervisor, however, is oblivious.

This could be a reason that my contract won’t be picked up after the baby comes. I am worried that I looked deceitful by not disclosing it sooner, but I was told that my contracting company that they would let the client know, so I let it slide. Yesterday, I told my contracting project manager that he needs to tell the company ASAP (he knew that I was in the family way when I was interviewed, and it should have been disclosed).

I asked several other contracting employees if I should just tell the client’s contract officer or on-site manager, and they said that I shouldn’t, because the client doesn’t like the way that this contracting company doesn’t seem to take care of its employees. It would look bad for my company if I had to disclose this myself.

I would gladly give up a lot to only have the position when I get back from maternity leave. There is nothing that I cannot do in this job while I am pregnant, and after. Please pray that my supervisor isn’t upset when he hears the news, and will continue my employment after the baby comes! Thank you!

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.
:signofcross:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Praying with you.

I ask the Holy Spirit to please guide you in the best way of handling the truth in this situation, and that you will receive understanding and be able to continue in your work when you are ready to return. God bless you and the baby :slight_smile:

I am praying for your intention (and for you and your baby … congratulations!).

Jesus, it’s not helpful to this young mother to have the stress of job loss and anxieties of trying to discern the right thing to do, so please help and guide her with both issues.
Thank You, Jesus

THANK YOU ALL!

Our director came back from his trip yesterday and today he caught me in the file room and asked about the baby…if it was my first, etc…so it looks like if I bust my tail, I’ll be picked up to come back in August.

Woo-hoo!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.