Keeping track of prayer intentions

I was just wondering how everyone keeps track of all their prayer intentions. I have a rotten memory, so I was thinking of getting a little notebook to write them down in…because I don’t want to miss anyone when I have more than one prayer intention in mind.

Does anyone else do this or have any better suggestions?

Thanks again from a newbie! :wink: :slight_smile:

Sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbsup: You can also keep favorite prayers in there as you come across more and more that you like. :slight_smile:

Then you can also keep track of when your prayers were answered! :smiley:

I like Belle10’a advice. I have my own little do-it-yourself prayerbook.

Careful not to be scrupulous about it though. God knows what we need before we ask, and knows a lot better than we do. God helps and God saves.

I could see a prayer intention notebook becoming unwieldy very quickly.

Instead of keeping track of each prayer intention, I like to offer each prayer I say as a virtual intention to be included with every prayer I say for the rest of my life.

I ask my guardian angel to remember prayer intentions for me :). As in everything else, he always comes through.

These are all wonderful ideas–thank you so much to everyone who has responded! I have to admit, I’m pretty rusty in my prayer practice, so it’s great to read others’ suggestions on how to improve mine! Thanks again! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
*Stella

I don’t get too stressed out about remembering each and every one. I just pray “for all those who have asked for my prayers, and all that I have promised prayers for, and anyone You would like me to pray for, or who would benefit from my prayers.” I guess Jesus can remember all of them better than I can.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.