Keith Olbermann - Temporarily suspended from MSNBC

youtube.com/watch?v=yvVJTaRw6aQ

KO was about never politically objective or impartial, so I think this is about something else. I do enjoy his HARDBALL videos on youtube.

**Pray for Keith's conversion!

Jesus said this to each one of us sinners; "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (MT 9:13)

He can always go back to ESPN.

These people never go away, look at disgraced ex-gov. Spitzer who now has his own show on CNN.**

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

[quote="Mark77, post:3, topic:218683"]

He can always go back to ESPN.

[/quote]

Since he's good friends with Hannity (this is true), he could also go to Fox News and replace Colmes. It has been a while since that particular show was, uh, 'fair and balanced.' He's certainly a dappier dresser than Colmes ever was.

He is FRIENDS with Hannity? Are you kidding me?:confused:

I’m sorry, but I find that SO strange. Is that Really True?

That’s just me, ultimately. But Keith’s persona and personal beliefs seem to be totally against being friends with Hannity. Well, what do you know!!!:p:p

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:5, topic:218683"]
He is FRIENDS with Hannity? Are you kidding me?:confused:

I'm sorry, but I find that SO strange. Is that Really True?

That's just me, ultimately. But Keith's persona and personal beliefs seem to be totally against being friends with Hannity. Well, what do you know!!!:p:p

[/quote]

Yes, it's true. They even went to the World Series together:
keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/11/americas_biggest_small_town.html
mediaite.com/online/playing-hooky-keith-olbermann-goes-to-world-series-instead-of-hosting-countdown/

It goes to show you can't believe everything you see on Fox News. (Or Comedy Central, for that matter, since John Stewart has been buddies with Dennis Miller for years.)

[quote="havana1, post:6, topic:218683"]
Yes, it's true. They even went to the World Series together:
keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/11/americas_biggest_small_town.html
mediaite.com/online/playing-hooky-keith-olbermann-goes-to-world-series-instead-of-hosting-countdown/

It goes to show you can't believe everything you see on Fox News. (Or Comedy Central, for that matter, since John Stewart has been buddies with Dennis Miller for years.)

[/quote]

I see nothing in either one of those sites that states Hannity and Olbermann are friends. All he says is they behave perfectly well while they are at a ball game. That does not mean there friends. It just means they know their manners when they are out in public. I also don't see any where on that site where it says they went to the ball game together. So unless you have more evidence this doesn't prove anything.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were friends. KO, Hannity, Beck, they are all acts. They’re all rich, so do you honeslty think they have true political views? It’s just their schtick, if you will. The only one that seems to have his own principals is O’Reilly, though he can be respectful to others as well. That’s why his is the only show out of all of them that I watch…

originally posted by** jfmarm81**
The only one that seems to have his own principals is O'Reilly, though he can be respectful to others as well.

And mighty DISrespectful as well.
And if all you watch is O'Reilly, you are missing the OPINIONS of many others which can only make you uninformed; or, perhaps, minimally informed.

[quote="jfmarm81, post:8, topic:218683"]
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they were friends. KO, Hannity, Beck, they are all acts. They're all rich, so do you honeslty think they have true political views? It's just their schtick, if you will. The only one that seems to have his own principals is O'Reilly, though he can be respectful to others as well. That's why his is the only show out of all of them that I watch....

[/quote]

The one who told the kid whose dad died on 9/11 to "Shut up! Shut up!"? The one who paid off a sexual harassment claim? That O'Reilly? Michael Savage calls him "The Leprechaun."

Ouch....didn't mean to strike a nerve. However, out of all of them, O'Reilly does defend the opposing party when he feels he needs to. With the others, it seems as if they are just saying what they think we want to hear. I have always been of the opinion that if Bush had tried to push this healthcare law through (just for arguements sake), then Hannity and Beck would be raving about it.

They (meaning Hannity, Olbermann, Beck, Rachel Meadow, and others) seem to just say that the other party is wrong. I do, on occasion, watch them, but I don't like the way Beck talks down to me (using his chalkboards, which is a silly gimmick, btw), and I don't like hearing Hannity tell Democrats that they are stupid on his radio show when he doesn't agree with them (which I have heard a few times. I refuse to even listen to Limbaugh. And with Olbermann, he makes sure to let us know how many days it's been since Bush declared Mission Accomplished. I get it, he screwed up when he said it. It's been 7 years, get over it.
So, yeah, overall, I do like O'Reilly bettert than the opthers. Of course, it's just my opinion, and we are all entitled to them- but until these talking heads all get on the same page and speak about getting the United back in the USA, all they are doing is helping tear the country apart.....
I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat-I'm an American, and we need to get back to that, instead of fighting on TV to get ratings......
I will now stop my ranting....apologies to all......

[quote="jfmarm81, post:11, topic:218683"]
Ouch....didn't mean to strike a nerve. However, out of all of them, O'Reilly does defend the opposing party when he feels he needs to. With the others, it seems as if they are just saying what they think we want to hear. I have always been of the opinion that if Bush had tried to push this healthcare law through (just for arguements sake), then Hannity and Beck would be raving about it.
They (meaning Hannity, Olbermann, Beck, Rachel Meadow, and others) seem to just say that the other party is wrong. I do, on occasion, watch them, but I don't like the way Beck talks down to me (using his chalkboards, which is a silly gimmick, btw), and I don't like hearing Hannity tell Democrats that they are stupid on his radio show when he doesn't agree with them (which I have heard a few times. I refuse to even listen to Limbaugh. And with Olbermann, he makes sure to let us know how many days it's been since Bush declared Mission Accomplished. I get it, he screwed up when he said it. It's been 7 years, get over it.
So, yeah, overall, I do like O'Reilly bettert than the opthers. Of course, it's just my opinion, and we are all entitled to them- but until these talking heads all get on the same page and speak about getting the United back in the USA, all they are doing is helping tear the country apart.....
I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat-I'm an American, and we need to get back to that, instead of fighting on TV to get ratings......
I will now stop my ranting....apologies to all......

[/quote]

You know what is fun....O'Reilly and Olbermann are on at the same time. Sometimes I'll take the remote and switch back and forth, back and forth. It's mind blowing to see the differing views and styles.

I agree, they are all alike (yet on different sides of the issues). What would be refreshing would be a show (or shows) even biased, but completely respectful and honest about the other side. All of these shows you mention are first and foremost entertainment programs. There is a need to keep rattling your senses for ratings.

Even Laura Ingraham plays this game. To me, they have all lost integrity.

I wonder if a truly objective not-for-entertaiment program could possibly exist.

Again I agree, O'Reilly attempts to be the most respectful, he tries to put forth an effort. Olbermann especially, and to a slightly lesser degree Maddow are the most obnoxious and in your face. They use humor to discredit and humor and mockery to belittle thier percieved oppostion. However, as much as I hate to admit it, I find them more intelligent then their right wing counterparts. but possibly this is because they have better writers.

On yesterday's program Maddow compared the statue of Jesus in Poland to the Burger King mascot. This served no purpose at all but to exhibit her atheism in a slightly hidden way. What else could her point of been?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.