'Kelly File' Exclusive: William Ayers pressed on controversial past

He’s been called an education visionary, a confidante of the future president and a terrorist, but he’s never had to answer questions like these.
William Ayers, who went from leading the Weather Underground in the 1960s and early 1970s to becoming a celebrated academic at University of Illinois, sat down for a no-holds barred interview with Fox News Channel’s Megyn Kelly, which aired Monday night.
Unlike prior interviews with liberal media outlets, Kelly pressed Ayers on how his own girlfriend died with two others while building a nail-filled bomb intended to rip through a dance hall filled with U.S. soldiers, his current wife, once at the top of the FBI’s most wanted list, claimed credit for bombing the home of a federal judge and his admission that he couldn’t “rule out” conducting more terror activities against America.

foxnews.com/us/2014/06/29/kelly-file-exclusive-william-ayers-pressed-on-controversial-past/

Scott Johnson @ Powerline Blog discusses this “ The purpose of this post is to remind readers of David Horowitz’s excellent work on Ayers over the years.” David Horowitz is an honest and courageous man.
It is incredibly difficult to watch Ayers speak and even more difficult for an interviewer to extract the truth from him. The purpose of this post is to remind readers of David Horowitz’s excellent work on Ayers over the years. David interviewed Ayers for the essay that became chapter 2 of Destructive Generation (written with Peter Collier), on the rise and fall of the Weather Underground. David drew on his interview of Ayers for “Allies in War,” a column he published in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. In a stroke of perfect timing, the New York Times had chosen on that date to celebrate Ayers in connection with the publication of Ayers’s memoir of his days as a fugitive. Here is how David concluded his 2011 essay:

Read more here:
powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/07/the-ayers-file.php

Why is this a controversy forty years after his crazy college days?

Perhaps because my crazy college days involved drinking with my Pi Kappa Phi fraternity brothers. His involved bombing US property. I am just guessing…

Perhaps because there is no statute of limitations on murder.

I used to caddy for his father, Thomas Ayers. His Dad was a nice humble man, an average tipper, below average golfer, and outstanding business executive as president and CEO of Commonwealth Edison. The very first stock I ever bought when I got my first job was Commonwealth Edison. He drove a Chevy Impala to a country club where almost everyone else drove a Cadillac or Lincoln. (One guy, the CEO of Sears, drove a Cord on special occasions.) It is beyond me how his children turned out the way they did.

The interviews have been very interesting. I think there is still another part of the interview on tonight. Sorry those among us who are afraid to watch FNC have missed it.

Because he’s unrepentant.

And he was a mentor to the President.

I have read that Ayers’ father was a radical leftist. Odd that he was in the position he was in. Possibly he kept it to himself and his family. But I think that’s fairly well known and credited.

He never talked about politics with me, and I would not have expected him to do that, but as head of a major corporation headquartered in Chicago, he had to be on decent terms with the Democratic Party. This was the party of Richard J Daley, who was no radical leftist. The radicals hated Daley as much as they hated Nixon, and his order to Chicago police to “shoot to kill arsonists” says a lot about his feelings toward the radical left of the time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.