Kenyan Muslims shield Christians in Mandera bus attack [BBC]

Kenyan Muslims shield Christians in Mandera bus attack

A group of Kenyan Muslims travelling on a bus ambushed by Islamist gunmen protected Christian passengers by refusing to be split into groups, according to eyewitnesses.

They told the militants “to kill them together or leave them alone”, a local governor told Kenyan media.

At least two people were killed in the attack, near the north-eastern village of El Wak on the Somali border.

The Somali based al-Shabab group is the main suspect for the attack.

It has not said if it was responsible, but often carries out attacks in Kenya’s north-east.

bbc.com/news/world-africa-35151967

that is the brotherly love I like to see.

I think Pope Francis made a significant impact with his visit.

God bless these noble and selfless people.

Amen, beautiful. :thumbsup:

Story from Kenya’s The Nation:

nation.co.ke/counties/Two-dead-3-injured-Mandera-bus-attack/-/1107872/3004522/-/12gsxkc/-/index.html

Amen, beautiful indeed. :thumbsup:

This is the kind of brotherly love that I also love to see. I wish that this kind of brotherly love was much more prevalent among the Islamic world. However, it seems that in much of the Islamic world there is indifference at best towards those of other faiths and hatred at worst.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.