Kerry jabs at Trump in Boston speech

reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-kerry-idUSKCN0XX1RU

“We will never come out on top if we accept advice from soundbite salesmen and carnival barkers who pretend the most powerful country on Earth can remain great by looking inward and hiding behind walls at a time when technology has made that impossible to do and unwise to even attempt,” said the former U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, who was the Democratic nominee for president in 2004.

John Kerry surrounded by guns and secret service doesn’t believe in walls? :confused:

Ha, from SNL and late night gossip to this? :wink:

Does anyone in this administration have any class? Most people on the other side have not made statements such as this during an election season, at least not that I can recall. But I guess the pattern to comment on everything that happens comes from the top.

Probably true, lets stir the pot you know.

So in perspective if you disagree I guess you have be PC labeled a isolationist now? Not a very polite accusation for an on-going conversation imho. To boldly assume to be right and condescending and go where no man has ever dared to go? Its basic name calling without access to an open exchange of ideas and dialogue, its not even American. :cool:

Apparently we are at the barking accusations stage, when does the real dialogue happen?

When Hillary stops barking we can put a muzzle on Kerry!

His Syria comments calling that a victory were the most delusional of this presidency along with the Iran comments imho. The transcripts from the sailors taken hostage are due out anytime no?

Didn’t Trump go after Obama administration and policies?

As well as Cruz, Rubio, Kasich. I guess Fox News didn’t show that.

Transcripts from the sailors taken prisoner by Iran and held hostage? We already have
Email Fridays - can we fit the transcripts in also? Remember, who’s the SOS (that doesn’t mean Save our Ship) Kerry - the game has already gone into overtime!

The ones where John Kerry thanks Iran for taking our sailors hostage?

libertyunyielding.com/2016/03/19/u-s-sailor-incident-what-sec-carter-couldnt-put-in-record-testimony-to-congress-even-as-iran-lobs-new-taunt/

Throw the transcripts in from the Hillary speeches also, can’t imagine why those are so secret either.

Won’t it be a great Friday when the Hillary/Obama-Kerry service to our country is exposed?

Will we live long enough to see it is the question. The game isn’t just in overtime, it is in
SUDDEN DEATH!

Who do you suppose said this: “A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not the gospel,”

Was it Kerry?

So Kerry is not a christian since he non stop has a wall of security around him thus a virtual wall. :confused: Thats not polite and uncharitable imho. It rather starts off by attempting to avoid a conversation also. Even with Johns woesome abortion agenda I don’t call him unchristian.

Well, Trump’s been calling Hillary every terrible thing in the book, all untrue, of course, so I think he has pretty much destroyed any shred of dignity the Repub Party had left. I feel sorry for Repubs who did not want him as the nominee. The rest of the world is either laughing at us or saying they will become our enemy if Trump is elected.

I agree with you, Gary.

Typical slap at Fox News. Trump is not in government and is running for a position in government. Candidates always go after the policies of the incumbent administration. You know that.

What on earth does Fox News have to do with this conversation?

I agree with Kerry, isolationist policies would hurt the US terribly.

Trump is facing a Blue Wall in November that I don’t think he can penetrate. The Dems will show him what an impenetrable wall really is.

(Mary, I wasn’t directing that toward you!)

Are you saying that whoever said “A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not the gospel,”, is not being polite and is being uncharitable?

I refuse to take seriously the statements of a professional poseur who has spent much of his adult life living off his second wife’s first husband’s trust fund. And who, while he was our senator, kept his yacht stashed in Rhode Island to avoid paying Massachusetts taxes. Look it up.

All very true

Suggesting we actually enforce the law instead of breaking it isn’t isolationist, its a vote for abiding by the law existing and national security. We don’t want to send a message that is contrary to our laws or will encourage more children to make that dangerous journey. And theres much concern aside with the literal blood spilling and by large going unreported right at the borders and I have to wonder how much by us who with Obama we are now the number #1 worlds weapons dealer, “again”. So situations as Fast and Furious may be a on-going fact, no reason to believe otherwise.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.