Khan’s London: Six Arrests After Teen ‘Disembowelled’ in Quadruple Stabbing

Khan’s London: Six Arrests After Teen ‘Disembowelled’ in Quadruple Stabbing

Jack Montgomery 17 Aug 2018 Breitbart News

A teenager is fighting for his life after allegedly being disembowelled during a quadruple stabbing in London’s so-called ‘murder mile’.

Describing the incident on the Elmington Estate in Camberwell, a witness said they saw “four or five black boys running, [then] all of a sudden I could hear, ‘Help, help’.”

Another resident said they saw one of the four stab victims grievously wounded with his “intestines falling on the ground”, according to MailOnline.

Six male suspects, said to be aged between 15 and 16, were arrested following the incident, which took place a stone’s throw from the street where ‘drill’ rapper Sidique Kamara, also known as ‘Incognito’, was stabbed to death earlier this month.

“This incident is in its very early stages and at present we cannot speculate on what the nature of it may be,” commented Superintendent . . .

. . . Acid attacks, stabbings, and shootings have been getting progressively out of control in the British capital under Labour mayor Sadiq Khan, who has attempted to pin the blame for the crime wave on central government cutbacks. . . .

do we really need this. I question why we need this type of stuff on CAF.

Please enlighten me

What is up with these acid attacks and stabbings in London lately along with acts of terrorism?

I would think it would make a dent in tourism.

Pity there’s no news source to go with the story.

as with any violence globally. It makes a big dent in tourism.

I don’t care for it either, but it makes us aware of how badly and how much our culture is sliding into an abyss. Pray and pray some more.

A lot of hyperbole employed here in various newspapers. One person interviewed gave the young lad “an 8% (chance)”. Really? The hospital described his condition as “serious but stable”. Yes there is a problem with knife crime in some parts of London (normally within council estates - I think they are called ‘projects’ in the US), but this type of reporting does nothing to help.

Yeah, random people been interviewed giving figures like that hardly count as medical professionals. This type of reporting wants to present London as some type of dystopia via creating and maintaining various folk devils. I grew up on a council estate, they’ve always been quite rough in some spots though they vary in that respect enormously and many are quite placid. Also, knife crime is cyclical in London. I’m old enough to remember it been an issue before and peaking and then dropping back down for a time.

its all relative and cultural too… every country has its projects, council estates and slums. Every country has its preferred street weapon that leads to violence.

Let’s ask the teen who was disembowelled how he feels about the
reporting. I have seen the story covered by other news services.
More than likely, this teen’s injuries will have ramifications throughout the rest of his life.

Are we supposed to ignore this story or that 60 people were shot in Chicago last weekend?

This reminds me of the couple who wanted to bike around the world and prove that evil does not exist and they
were murdered by ISIS.

Burying our heads in the sand is not a good idea.

Ah but Khan’s Mayor now and we all know what that means - it’s all an Liberal Islamic Sharia Zealot plot, it says so on freedomlovingamericanconservativemakeamericagreatagain dot com.
:smile:

All secretly controlled by the elders of course who just want you to think it’s Muslims. The dark web says so and I have it good authority via a dozen web sites written by people with a shaky grasp on basic spelling who will start commenting on surnames that sound suspiciously Jewish. I view Breitbart as yellow peril journalism for our times.

The whole issue of Khan being a Muslim is definitely always an undercurrent in the reporting of the type we see here. I could at least deal with honest bigotry rather than this sort of ‘not quite saying it outright but you all know he’s one of them and we know what that means’ stuff.

The thing is that there’s a sensible conversation to be had about issues like this but the moment all the ultra-right baggage starts it becomes a joke.

Of course, people have every right to start: “It’s all just too evil for words - no it’s not, it’s much more evil than that - no you’re both underestimating the evilness involved” conversations - just as others have every right to think it’s hilarious.

Yeah, there is definitely a serious and sensible debate to be had about these issues and a necessary one. However, sadly as you say it gets derailed via this sort of stuff.

I would bet that that might even be a real website!

I remember when Breitbart articles weren’t considered “legitimate news source” on the forums.

How does a “preferred street weapon” lead to violence?

I expect that the important thing here is that it’s accepted that different ‘sides’ think that other sources are rubbish and that people learn to live with that.

No weapon, no violence, why have a weapon if violence is not anticipated. Either as the perpetrator or the victim.
A person is not carrying or picking up a weapon if that person is not out with the potential to commit to violence in some form.

JharekCarnelian . . .

I could at least deal with honest bigotry rather than this sort of ‘not quite saying it outright but you all know he’s one of them . . .

Who are you talking about JharekCarnelian?

They (whoever you are talking about) could all deal with honest error-based distain, rather than this sort of ‘not quite saying it outright."

Why not just say who you are talking about here?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.