Kicked down again

As if all my suffering wasn’t enough, today was horrible and something bad happened that really killed me. This all is like walking in a desert looking for water and thinking you about to find it but actually receiving a slap in the face instead and having to carry on looking for “water”. I’ve had it. I don’t know how much more I can take.

I have prayed a few novenas, arranged a mass for me and I am doing a Sacred Heart of Jesus prayer. Please pray that God grants me all the intentions I asked for in the novenas, mass and Sacred Heart of Jesus prayer. I even fasted for almost a week just eating a meal a day for these intentions.

Praying for you and your intentions.

Praying for you, Paz e Amor…
+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.*

Paz, I continue to pray for you. I’m sorry that things are so difficult right now. Have you sought out spiritual guidance from your parish pastor or deacon? Perhaps another perspective from someone you trust on your situation could help?

Paz e Amor said;
As if all my suffering wasn’t enough, today was horrible and something bad happened that really killed me. This all is like walking in a desert looking for water and thinking you about to find it but actually receiving a slap in the face instead and having to carry on looking for “water”. I’ve had it. I don’t know how much more I can take.

I have prayed a few novenas, arranged a mass for me and I am doing a Sacred Heart of Jesus prayer. *Please pray that God grants me all the intentions I asked for in the novenas, mass and Sacred Heart of Jesus prayer. *I even fasted for almost a week just eating a meal a day for these intentions.

**Dear Paz e Amor,

Where in the world did you ever get the idea that praying novenas, having a Mass said for yourself, and “doing a Sacred Heart of Jesus prayer” automatically gives you all the intentions that you pray for?**:shrug: God is NOT your personal servant, He is God of all that is!

**If you are not receiving the intentions that you prayed for, either the Lord has answered wait, or he has said no. ** That happens to us more than we like to think about, but we can be sure that whatever His answer is, its the very best outcome for the situation that we are praying for!

You seem to have the idea that God is a Divine “Bell-hop” that you ask for something, put in the required prayers and you expect your preferred results to pour out. That isn’t going to happen, Paz e Amor. I don’t care how many posts you make, the result is going to be the same until something inside you changes. Only God knows what that is, but this constant posting isn’t going to give you the results you “want.”

I guess if it was me, I would start by sitting in God’s Presence and after pouring my heart out to Him, I would give it all into His keeping and go on with my day until He sends me His answer. Like you, I would have to receive the answer in humility understanding that He only wants what is best for me, and NOT what I want.

DesertSister62

ohh, Desert Sister62 really untied your shoestrings, didn’t she, Paz? Actually I was thinking along those same lines, but not knowing what your needs and intentions are, I always find it harder to pray for vague needs or intentions because I don’t know if I am praying for something good, bad or something in between. I guess-know-that I should pray for all intentions-no questions asked. However we all know that sometimes prayers are not enough, but need action or involvement, in the prayers, as well. As your needs and intentions may be too personal to discuss, I will indeed pray for God’s will for you. Lots of prayers for you and may peace fill your heart and soul.:angel1:

Have you been to Eucharistic Adoration? I have been to EA a few times now, and I find it very peaceful. I also find that it is a place that is perfect for prayer. There are other good places to pray as well, but I find that being at EA is amazing (for me, anyway).

Will pray for your intentions.

Praying for your intentions.

It’s a prayer intention thread. Intentions only.
She asked us to pray. No advice.

Prayers offered.

Paz e Amor, I agree with all Sister of the desert said. It was good advice in my opinion for whatever that’s worth.

You mentioned all your ‘suffering’ and one thing I hope you remember is that God will not allow us to suffer any more than we can bear. When I was a youngster, that’s one of the first Truths I realized to be absolutely true.
My owns sufferings (I’ve had plenty) have usually been an avenue of teaching me something about myself and the love of God, of leaning more on, trusting, & growing closer to God my Father. Of letting go sometimes and allowing needed change within myself due to lessons learned through my suffering. All the Suffering throughout my life has helped me–to grow, to change, to be willing to learn, to accept myself where I am at any given moment in my life along my journey of seeking to know and love my Father, and to truly forgive. To understand God’s plan for my life is much better than anything at all I could ever imagine or hope for.

Over the years I’ve learned a lot of my suffering is most often due only to myself or my own will. Sometimes its tough to realize MY way would not be good for me in the long run. But in those moments when I finally “get it” and surrender to God it all seems to work out exactly as it should miraculously.

I still have my sufferings today. Many of us do. Faith and trust in God helps us to endure our sufferings because we can know He is near and wants to lead us.

Lord, help us to allow you to move us in the direction in which you wish us to go.
Peace.

Please forgive me! I just read the post above mine where I left an opinion. I obviously did not see this was a request ONLY for prayer intentions.

I’m new to posting and will be more careful in the future. I’m truly sorry I shared some of what I’ve learned through my own suffering.

I will pray for you Paz e Amor, that Gods will may be done in your life.
Again my apologies!

Jesus, while on earth You experienced the depth of suffering, of loneliness, of abandonment, of disappointment. You cried out to the Father, hanging tortured in body, mind, and spirit on the Cross, abandoned by almost everyone, good and generous though You were, “My God, why have You abandoned Me?”
Please bless this wounded person who cries for Your mercy out from the depths of being .

it’s easy to overlook, I’ve done it myself a number of times, and they get upset.
I really wish they would color code the forums, but at any rate, **prayers offered for our friend Paz. **God bless you! And welcome to CAF as well.

I do it every day of the week !!!
Hi Clare ,

Praying for your intentions ,:thumbsup:

I’m praying.

:gopray:

Praying for you.

Praying…

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for you to understand God’s will for your life and follow it, with inner peace and joy even amongst sufferings…

St. Philomena Novena

Dearest St. Philomena, your prayers are powerful because you are so close to Our Lord. Your child-like faith and devotion are an inspiration to all of the faithful. Many miracles have occurred as a result of your intercession. In your closeness to Our Lord, please lift up these my intentions in prayer…

St. Philomena, at such a young age, you gave everything to Jesus to become a consecrated virgin for the Kingdom. Giving even more, you gave your life as you suffered a martyr’s death to preserve your gift to our Lord. Pray for me, that I might have the same faith and willingness to accept God’s will no matter the cost.

Amen.

Paz-

I signed up for Eucharistic Adoration and my first hour is tomorrow night. I will pray for you before the Blessed Sacrament. I will continue to offer Rosaries for you in the meantime.

Also, I read a verse yesterday that brought you to mind. 1 Corinthians 10:13 -
“You can trust God not to let you be tried beyond your strength, and with any trial he will give you a way out of it and the strength to bear it.”

God bless you.

Dena

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.