Kidnapped priest pleads for help in video

Kidnapped priest pleads for help in video – Father Tom Uzhunnalil, an Indian priest who was kidnapped in Yemen … bit.ly/2ikwQtQ

Oh my goodness, sad and scary! Praying for him.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Saint John Vianney intercede for Father Uzhunnalil.

What office at the Vatican would handle the release of a priest? Does anyone know? I wonder what the Indian authorities have been doing.

Wow, look at how healthy he was before being captured:

“With regard to the safe release of Father Tom who was abducted some months ago, we have been in regular touch with countries in the region, especially Saudi Arabia as also the local Yemeni authorities. Efforts continue in this regard,” External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.
indianexpress.com/article/india/regularly-in-touch-with-authorities-for-release-of-father-tom-uzhunnalil-india-4446017/

Praying for Fr. Tom’s safety & well being & safe return.

In all likelihood, the kidnappers are asking for money. It needs to be dealt with delicacy as we don’t want encourage priests being picked off the streets for ransoms. After the destruction of their country, I don’t expect the Yemenis to be very helpful, especially since the Indians are asking the Saudis to intervene. The last people the Yemenis want to help right now are the Saudis.

O Lord Jesus, through the intercession of Saint John Vianney and Your Blessed Mother, please have mercy on Father Tom and grant his release. Amen.

I am sad to hear this as I thought he was returned or rescued a long time ago. I guess I thought a ransom had already been paid. This has been over a year now since the nuns were killed and he was taken.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.