Kids endangered again (visitation with dad)

Hi everyone,
For those who are new and unfamiliar with my sister’s case with her kids and want the whole story read this thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=155548&highlight=kids+going+on+visitation

I just wanted to give an update and ask for prayers again. My sister’s children are now 12 1/2 yr old, my niece, and 9 1/2 yr old, my nephew. Both are victims of verbal and emotional abuse by their dad and step-mom. My nephew is a victim of physical abuse more than two times by these people. As a result of all these, the courts did nothing. The judge was a man who always sided with the father and in this case because they were cops (the dad and step-mom). Child protective services also did nothing to protect these children even though they did put in their report that the boy was physically abused and the children were neglected and not properly supervised. Well, our prayers were not answered with our justice system, but were when the dad finally got tired of fighting with his kids and did not force them anymore to come on visitations. He came out to my sisters house for short visitations and the kids liked that much better. They hated his new wife for she was mean and mentally ill, they called her “crazy.” From the stories they tell us, I agree she is mentally sick and needs medications. I feel bad for her biological children who hate her.

Anyway, as a result of this child abuse, my nephew got angrier and angrier and after many therapist and occupational therapist, nothing helped. He is finally in a behavior center on an outpatient center and on medication. He receives group therapy daily and individual therapy twice a week and family therapy once a week. He has improved so much and is an angel compared to what he was before. Now his dad is back with his wife again. He separated for a time and was a nice man again, but now is back to being mean and angry and putting the kids last. He is being demanding on the kids again after he promised them that he would never force them to come to her house again. Today the kids had family therapy and in the therapy my nephew express extreme fear of going to his dad’s house and seeing this woman, his step-mom. The therapist gave him two paper figures to role play and said that one was his dad and the other was his step mom and needless to say that by the end of his talking about them, he had torn them up into little pieces and put them in the trash. He told the therapist that he was afraid his dad would beat him again and would do so like their little dog. She asked him to clarify and my niece explained. While they went fishing one time the little dog they own took a fish out of the box and bit it. His dad got so angry he kept punching and punching the dog over and over again in the ribs. My niece said she was crying and so was her brother. My ex BIL has done so before when he was married to my sister with their family dog and so we believe this story. At this, the therapist looked at my sister and said, “You need to get sole custody of your children.”

People, please, all you prayer warriors, let us all pull together and pray that my sister can get full custody of her kids. Tomorrow I am going to the court house to look at her case file. We had two counselors testify. Both counselors recommended to this same judge supervised visitations to the judge and he ignored that advice. One told the judge that he was an unfit father and he ignored that. We have all the evidence and the judge heard it all, but just sided with the dad. We don’t understand. The only evidence we did not present because my sister’s lawyer was against it but I think we should have presented it was a 911 recording of a call made by the step mom’s daughter of a fight between her mom and my nieces’ and nephews’ dad. You can hear the anger and violent temper in his voice on the tape. That should show his violent side.

We want to reopen the case again and have another judge look into it, but we don’t know if that is possible. WE pray it is for the kids sake. We have new counselors now that can testify too. They say my nephew is severely depressed and suffers from post-traumatic syndrome due to the trauma of the abuse. My niece suffers from depression and anxiety too.

Now my ex BIL is wanting to take the kids again for overnighters and my sister doesn’t want him to ruin what the therapist have helped to fit in her son. The therapist have already noted that every time my nephew sees his father, he regresses and gets angrier and they have to start all over again in therapy. An overnighter is not a good idea. He has the right to see them as their father, but it is not in the best interest of the kids.

We need your prayers again. Please pray for sole custody for my sister. My ex BIL owes over $30,000.00 in child support. If we have to, we can report him and he will go to jail, but it will only be for a short time and he will come out angrier than ever and take them every other weekend again to his wife’s house and she will ruin them again.

Please pray, pray, pray.:gopray:

Praying for the safety of these children …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Update: The kid’s dad is calling more often and wanting to get involved more in the children’s life. Even though it was his decision to stay away to give the kids some time to heal from what he had done to them and his wife, he is now stating that my sister is the one who has kept the children away from him. He is crazy. This is all a nightmare again. He is now a cop again for he found a job even though he has not told my sister only his daughter. His wife who abuses her own kids and has abused my sister’s kids is now a detective in a special unit of child abuse. So my sister won’t have a chance if all this goes to court. She talked to the therapist today at the behavioral center because my nephew is very afraid of his dad still and doesn’t want to go out with him. He says that he will kill him if he hurts him again like he did before and this worries them. The therapist said that if his dad demands overnight visitations again and he hits him like he did before the therapist told my nephew to grab a phone when he could quietly and go to a safe place and call 911. He said he would call his mommy first, but she told him no that he needed to call 911. He may be too afraid to do that but than he has so much anger for what his dad has done to him in the past. Now the dad is doing a lot of nice things that are not appropriate for his daughter. My niece wanted to go with her stepsister and her friends to the mall and they are all in their 20’s. My sister told her she was to young to hang out with them. She didn’t like that answer and went behind her mom’s back and called her dad crying. Her dad wanted to talk to my sister and said that it was because they she was the daughter of his wife. My sister said it had nothing to do with that and that it was because of the age difference. He than said that when he picks up his daughter, she can go out with whoever she wants to on his time. That is what he did on Wednesday and my niece got to spend time with some 20 year olds. She sees nothing wrong with what she did.

This is a bad situation for both parents have differents values and parenting techniques. My sister is strict and wants to keep her daughter as innocent as possible and her dad is not like that at all and in fact he has stated that he sees nothing wrong with pre-marital sex as long as you put the child on birth control so that they won’t get pregnant. This scares my sister for if my niece wants more independence, she may want to go with her dad. We don’t understand it for her dad abused her to especially in words.

Please pray for these kids. My sister asked the therapist at the behavioral center if they would help her in court if they had to and they said that they could not. They don’t like to get involved. That is what they all say. No one defends the kids. She did advice my sister to get the psychiatric evaluation that they did there and than get an expect witness to explain what “Post traumatic stress disorder” is for that is what my nephew has. He has it as a result of the child abuse.

Please, only a miracle from God can get my sister sole custody of these kids. We need an very good lawyer. It all depends on the lawyer. Please pray!

:byzsoc::gopray2::gopray2::crossrc:

O glorious Saint Joseph, faithful follower of Jesus Christ, to you we raise our hearts and hands to implore your powerful intercession in obtaining from the benign heart of Jesus all the helps and graces necessary for our spiritual and temporal welfare, particularly for the grace of a happy death and the special favor we now request, the safety and health of Nana’s niece and nephew

O guardian of the Word Incarnate, we feel animated with confidence that your prayers in our behalf will be graciously heard before the throne of God.

O glorious St. Joseph, through the love you bear to Jesus Christ and for the glory of His name, hear our prayers and obtain our petitions. Amen.

Praying very hard.

Praying…

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and
snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander
through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

praying

Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard for those precious children.

Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

KIDS NEED YOUR PRAYERS. FATHER IS WANTING TO TAKE THEM ON THE 18TH, 19TH AND 20TH WEEKEND. KIDS ARE AFRAID AND ANXIOUS!!

Hi everyone,
Most of you know my niece, Marissa. She could use a ton of prayers tonight and this week and her brother, Luis. As some of you know of her history with her dad and the abuse her and her brother receive while on visitation at their dads by their dad and their stepmom, it looks like things are going to get bad again. Her dad called her tonight and wanted to see her for a couple of hours which was fine with her, but then he said he would take her to his house where her stepmom is and she doesn’t like her at all for what she did to her brother, physical abuse, and to her, verbal abuse. So she told her dad she didn’t want to go to his house. He got angry and told her that was to bad and he was now going to punish her by coming to pick her up and she had to spend the night. She was a emotional mess. She still suffers from anxiety just thinking of going to his house and being with that woman. Her dad had hung up on her for he does that when he is done talking and so she called him back and she picked up, the stepmom. She asked to speak to her dad and the stepmom said he was in the shower and she should be packing her bags to spend the night. She told her that she was not going to spend the night and her stepmom said, “If you don’t, you will be spending every other weekend for the rest of your life here.” Marissa responded, “Is that a threat?” The stepmom got angry at that reply and started to yell at her, but her dad took the phone next and told Marissa to be ready and hung up. Marissa started to cry to her mother. Her little brother got into the defensive mode and said he would stay up and defend his sister with his karate against his dad. Norma, their mom, was a mess. I think she is afraid of her ex. She thought this mess and nightmare was over when her ex stop forcing the kids on visitation about two years ago. She called me. I didn’t know what to say except that as far as tonight goes he couldn’t take her without prior arrangements. I told her she did not have to let Marissa go with him. She didn’t when he arrived, but he told her that next weekend he would be picking up the kids on Friday night and be taking them to school on Monday morning. That was the old arrangement when they use to go to Catholic schools, but they go to different schools now. That is changed, but he may not respect the homeschooling hours at all. Knowing him as I do, he may say if I want to homeschool her to come to his house to pick her up. He has done that in the past to my sister if she wanted to have the kids even though he was suppose to bring them to the house.

Anyway, we don’t know what to do. I was just talking to Dulce yesterday on how Marissa is angry with God for in her eyes God did nothing in protecting her and her brother from the abuse via the Florida court system or DCF. That came out tonight. Marissa screamed it out tonight while I was on the phone. She doesn’t believe the system works or defends children. She was told by her counselors that if Luis or her were abused to call 911 and to that she told me tonight, “Do you know what my dad and stepmom will do to us when the police leaves?” She is afraid and I know Luis would be too. I don’t think they would call 911 if they were in danger at their dad’s. She told me she doesn’t trust her dad to take care of her or her brother for their has been two times Luis has had severe allergic reactions and they ignored the symptoms and told them not to disturb them for they were in the bedroom. She told me tonight they spend a lot of time in the bedroom with the door locked. On that day, she herself found Benadryl and gave some amount to Luis. She said she hoped she gave the correct amount to Luis for all her stepmom said was for Luis to sleep it off, but Luis was having a hard time breathing after swelling up. Apparently, a bug stung him. What a mother huh? She would not allow her to talk to her dad. That is why Marissa doesn’t like this woman or trust them to take care of them and they don’t feed them either. They have to eat whatever is in the pantry. Now Marissa is older and not 8 years old and can cook a little if she has to go this weekend coming up.

The dad did show up at the house at around 9 p.m. tonight and Marissa refused to go. Norma tried to explain Luis’ diagnoses and he didn’t care or didn’t want to understand. He just got angry and said he will be picking up the kids this Wednesday the 16th and will be picking them up on Friday the 18th for his weekend visitation. The kids went to sleep upset and scared. This has been going on for years since the divorce. My sister cried tonight. She admited to me she doesn’t have a strong faith and doesn’t understand why her children have to suffer all this. Luis was crying on her tonight when she was talking to me and was just angry and I could hear him express his feelings. I feel so bad for the whole family. My parents are just besides themselves. They are so sick of all this and frankly so am I.

Can you all please pray for the safely to these kids and that by some miracle this father will not take these kids on visitation? I know he has a right to see them, but he use to come and spend a couple of hours of Norma’s house with them and spend quality time with them and he was different with them. Now that he is back with his wife, he is back to his angry self and he won’t spend time at Norma’s house. HIs wife gets jealous. She is the controlling one. I tell you she is mentally sick from all that Marissa use to tell me when she first started going on visitations there. This woman has many personalities. Tonight she revealed to me that her oldest stepsister, who is now 21 years old and who can’t stand her mother, revealed to her that she thinks her mother has a mental problem. We all figured that one out long time ago, but I am glad the oldest daughter believes this, maybe she can help us in court. We may have to go back to court again.

I don’t know if we can protect the kids. All I know is that Luis has Post traumatic stress syndrome and the doctor said he could regress or explode if his dad explodes or his stepmom and goes off on him. I don’t know if a restraining order can be filed for the children by a parent for they are really afraid of their stepmom the most and secondly their dad. They like to see their dad at their mom’s for they feel he behaves with their mom around.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Blessed art thou among women
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory to God in the highest And peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever.
Amen.

Hail, Mary! Full of grace, The Lord is with thee;
Blessed are thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us

Praying hard.

Praying…

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.