Killing in Islam?

Wow; thanks for all the wonderful links!

Ok, Muslims can you explain this :

Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4348

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:
A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed about it.
He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up. He sat before the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.

Thereupon the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.

and this…

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:
A Jewess used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. A man strangled her till she died. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) declared that no recompense was payable for her blood.

and this…

Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4396

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:
A thief was brought to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah! Then he said: Cut off his hand. So his (right) hand was cut off. He was brought a second time and he said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah! Then he said: Cut off his foot.
So his (left) foot was cut off.

He was brought a third time and he said: Kill him.

The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah!

So he said: Cut off his hand. (So his (left) hand was cut off.)

He was brought a fourth time and he said: Kill him.

The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah!

So he said: Cut off his foot. So his (right) foot was cut off.

He was brought a fifth time and he said: Kill him.

So we took him away and killed him. We then dragged him and cast him into a well and threw stones over him.

How are things like this ok? Why did the prophet think he was so “high” he had to have a pregnant women killed.

Christians and Jews really do need to check their Bible in order to learn about the different punishments that God has commanded to be carried out on those guilty of various kinds of crimes.

Since the Creator has not changed, Heaven and Hell has not changed and the creations too have not changed one iota in any of their individual and social desires since the time the divine Laws were sent down to Moses (pbuh), then is there a valid reason why Christians and Jews have accorded themselves the privilege of not having to follow these Laws that their Creator has commanded them to obey?

CAN you explain the passages? I dont need your other; gibberish.
P.S. this is NOT out of the Quran and where in the quran does it say to kill someone who abused the prophet?

There is a verse of the Qur’an which provides another piece of evidence to prove the divine source of the Qur’an.

Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

The skin is the center of sensitivity to burns. Thus, if the skin is completely burnt by fire, it looses its sensitivity. It is for this reason that Allah will punish the unbelievers on the Day of Judgment by returning to them their skins time after time, as He, the Exalted and Glorified, says in the Qur’an. It is clear that the Holy Qur’an states a well-known modern scientific fact, about the sensitivity of the skin, but it was revealed over 1,400 years ago in the Holy Qur’an.

The point of this post is that if Islam does indeed turn out to be the Truth, then all who choose not to believe while they are still in this world, will themselves have far greater issues to deal with in the Hereafter than for them to concern themselves with the punishments commanded by the Creator to be carried out on the guilty in this world.

It just sounds as if you are scared to be wrong. Is that why yo stay in islam? there is no need to be scared! Allah gave you a brain to think just as he gave me!

But you still didnt answer the original question.

Edited: This message is so contradictory to what Jesus gave. Even IF the bible was a bit “inaccurate” the message of Jesus’ LOVE ALL would still be intact!

I posted this message on a muslim site and it just got deleted.:confused:

It might help to think about the fact that both Islam and Judaism are not “not of this world” religions – both religions incorporate laws invoking the death penalty for crimes that we, in the modern West, would reject. Jesus, though, was not a political religious leader; the teaching of Jesus was “not of this world”, he did not establish a political nation, like Moses and Muhammad did. Thus, Jesus could say things like “turn the other cheek” – things that don’t really apply in the context of governing a people, setting up laws, and distributing justice.

Now, I’m not defending this particular decision by Muhammad, just providing a larger context.:slight_smile:

Playing God again I see, Hamba! Trying to scare us with all that fire and brimstone stuff! :rolleyes:

Vickie

Many Christian fundamentalist sites would do likewise. (Ask some of the Catholics on this site who have been banned from Protestant fundamentalist sites.:rolleyes:)

The internet tends to attract the most extreme representatives of any religious tradition – it’s sort of like talk radio, in that sense.

Nice try Wilma. I guess maybe Muslims do get tired of defending Mo all the time, eh? :wink: It is far easier to ignore, change the subject, shift the topic or demand the deaths of all who question than to think for themselves.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.