Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report

BEIJING – North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s powerful uncle was stripped naked, thrown into a cage, and eaten alive by a pack of ravenous dogs, according to a newspaper with close ties to China’s ruling Communist Party.

Hong Kong-based pro-Beijing newspaper Wen Wei Po reported that Jang and his five closest aides were set upon by 120 hunting hounds which had been starved for five days.

Kim and his brother Kim Jong Chol supervised the one-hour ordeal along with 300 other officials, according to Wen Wei Po. The newspaper added that Jang and other aides were “completely eaten up.”

worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/03/22156917-kim-jong-uns-executed-uncle-was-eaten-alive-by-120-hungry-dogs-report

Ugh! Did we have to know that? :mad:

Yes, because that country is a nuclear power

Yah, I know. But still, I’d really like to NOT have to know stuff like that.

I’d really like to live in my cell and copy illuminated manuscripts, but I have a feeling that those monks were well aware that “enemies of the state” were being pulled apart by ravening dogs right outside their monastary walls.

More like “that country is a nuclear power.”

I would take the report with a grain of salt (or several.) North Korea is a secretive country, without press freedom. News of the country is often distorted, and sometimes inaccurate. In the past, North Korean officials who were reported to be executed have later turned up at state functions.

This latest report comes from a Hong Kong newspaper. NBC News could not confirm the claim, they are merely passing it along. NBC News puts the report into context by describing the newspaper in question:

The newspaper has acted as a mouthpiece for China’s Communist Party. The report may be a sign of the struggle between those in the party who want to remain engaged with North Korea and those who would like to distance themselves from Kim’s regime
worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/03/22156917-kim-jong-uns-executed-uncle-was-eaten-alive-by-120-hungry-dogs-report

In other words, it may just be a wild story intended to stir up Chinese opposition to Kim.

If this is true it is a horror. I don’t know if I trust the sources, but I don’t doubt such a thing could happen.

I always have to wonder about these things, in terms of what on earth to such leaders fear so greatly that they have to resort to this kind of carnage? Ultimately this sort of behavior shows how cowardice and afraid they really are, not how powerful or strong.

Last week the story was that the execution was done by firing anti-tank rounds at them.

In other words, as horrifying as this is, it’s not necessarily true.

The supposed source of the story is a Chinese propaganda news agency. :rolleyes:

No, it simply shows how callus they are. I remember when the beheading video of Nick Berg came out…so many people in the West tried to debunk it not because of a political agenda…but simply because they could not understand and did not want to admit people could be so cruel to one another. I believe that Kim did have his uncle devoured alive by hunting dogs…it would be the type of message a young up and comer would want to send to the rest of his military.

Saw that story and that was done it said to the followers of the uncle.

Seoul is not too far away. Even a tiny nuke would be devastating and would murder hundreds of thousands.

Granted for the US it’s probably not a threat. Your ABM shield will knock the 1-2 ICBMs the NKs have.

Seoul is well within conventional rocket and artillery attack from NK. If they wanted to they really could wipe out the city in a matter of hours conventionally.

And some people don’t think Satan is real. What a duo those two are. Like something out of the twilight zone. Dennis Rodman might want to think again before making a return trip to that asylum.

Linus2nd

I wouldn’t be surprised if, years from now, we learn that Dennis Rodman was encouraged by the US government to make all of these trips to North Korea. I have to believe that as soon as Rodman returns from one of these trips, he is questioned by the CIA as to what he saw and heard while over there. Rodman might even be delivering messages from Kim Jong Un that Kim, for whatever reason, doesn’t want to send through normal diplomatic channels. Who knows? Rodman might turn out to be a hero as opposed to the weirdo that so many people now believe him to be.

That’s a unique way of executing.

I agree, it’s alarming to see a man with his trigger on the button who appears to be a psychopath. :eek:

Dear God! That’s awful! Cruel in the extreme! Before, when I was younger, I didn’t understand the dangers of communism, even defended it! Then, I began to see movies about how atheistic communism really is and how it has also typically been terrible to the Church.

I agree that’s the action of a psychopath.

They need our prayers.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesús. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Stranger things have happened I suppose. I just don’t see Mr. Rodman as being well suited for that task.

^^This.

My older son (just back from his second deployment to Afghanistan, but that’s a different topic) spent two tours in SoKor. He could tell you.

Sounds to me like the kind of story they would cook up in order to scare others. Otherwise, I have to wonder just a little whether a bunch of dogs would attack and eat a man after just five days of no food.

They most certainly would. Dogs are animals and will kill if hungry. They are always worse in a pack.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.