Kim Kardashian getting divorced

I wonder if she realy intended to STAY married?
pathetic.

Why is this here?

We don’t know all the facts involved. I’d refrain from speculating on her intentions…

They're divorcing over irreconcilable differences. After 72 days.

She tried everything she could to keep her marriage together. For 72 days.

She was sure it would last forever...72 days ago.

There are good reasons why we don't have cable and seldom watch broadcast TV. The Kardashians are several of them. (For the record, I only know about this because my parents were watching one of the tabloid TV shows when we were over there tonight.)

This is tragic. I see a very blessed young lady, she has been blessed with beauty, some intelligence and born into a wealthy family....let look how empty things are for her. So very many ways she can spend her life and her time and look what she has.

I think she needs our prayers certainly she is searching for something. Attention? Money? More fame? Easy to make fun of her this whole situation is a circus but really I think it is profoundly sad.

Kim never wanted a marriage,she wanted a wedding.Just another silly "celebrity" making a mockery of the sacrament of marriage.

Not just because of the "marriage," but it would not surprise me to learn that the Kardashians are actually space aliens living among us in human disguise.

Why would anyone care? I'm glad to say I don't know anything about the any of the Kardashians and don't intend to waste time worrying about what they are up to. I don't even know why they are famous. They seem to be fame seekers of the boldest kind. Reminds me of Jessica Simpson and her ex husband whom I know next to nothing about. I stopped watching most tv like 10 years ago and don't miss it at all. :D:cool:

[quote="lisahiku, post:1, topic:261191"]
I wonder if she realy intended to STAY married?
pathetic.

[/quote]

I would say probably not :-(

sigh

DISCLAIMER: I am a faithful Catholic who subscribes to the Church’s teachings, including those on marriage.

I’ve seen a few pictures making rounds on facebook that are about Kim Kardashian’s recent divorce. Both have to do with SSM. The gyst of both is that it’s ridiculous to claim that SSM is the single-most undermining and dangerous affront to the institution of marriage when THIS happens and we just cluck our tongues, turn off the TV, close the magazine, x out the window on our browser and treat it as if it’s a petty shame. I think things like this, happening not only on the level of those who can afford 2 million dollar engagement rings, but also those downtown folk who also just ‘want a big day and not a life-long commitment to God and to each other’. It’s easy to look at something you would never do (marry someone of the same sex) and see the falsehood. I see it just as well as anyone. What irks me is how easily all of you are going to start lending testimonials to your own marriages, the marriages of parents, siblings, other family, and friends even though those marriages, just as well as any others out there are 50% likely to result in a legal divorce over “irreconcilable differences”. It’s amazing to me how some of you said that you paid literally no attention to the thing that’s ripping marriage apart in this country, yet when it comes to SSM, you actually come out in favor of things like DOMA, which clearly does nothing to stop what’s actually threatening marriage right now. What’s even more unnerving is how absolutely lenient and complacent some comments have been made about another high-profile divorce. Where is the benefit of the doubt for those who push for so-called SSM? Why do we chose not to speculate when the matter seems more trivial when it isn’t, yet when the matter isn’t even fully born, we have to cut it out at the root, calling people’s intentions childish, stupid, evil, etc.? Where’s the balance?

There are five states that have legalized so-called SSM. At the beginning of the last decade, there were none. I think it’s safe to say that what happened to marriage over the last fifty or so years has had nothing to do with SSM.

I conclude by saying that I do not intend to hijack this thread. It’s about the Kardashian divorce and it will stay that way. What I’m presenting is merely something to think about. I want to hear what people think of this divorce in light of how it’s one more real affront to marriage and not just a shame painted on the cover of a magazine, or even better, not worth paying attention to at all. For those who love to play the blame game, I wish that this farce of a marriage gets the blame it deserves for undermining a holy institution.

Wow. Where’s the outrage? Where’s the indignance? Why is this just another shame on the cover of a magazine, or better yet, something to just not notice at all? It undermines the holy sacrament of marriage in a detestable way, but it’s only some petty piece of small-talk to some of you?

As a Catholic who subscribes to the Church’s teachings, I find that there is a huge amount of mercy, benefit of the doubt, and overall yawning complacency given to the matter of divorce, something that’s undermined the sacrament of marriage for decades, long before so-called SSM even existed in the United States circa several years ago, but there’s instant disdain and flat-footed objection to so-called SSM. Where’s the balance? Where’s the perspective? I’m not advocating for there to be silence on SSM. What I want is for there to be as much, if not more noise made about this divorce and those like it in light of what it’s done to marriage. If you look at something like this and cluck your tongue, shake your head, turn off the TV, close the magazine, x out of the browser window, but do nothing, and then later you’re taking the time and energy to explain why DOMA’s a really good idea, then why should anyone who advocates for SSM take marriage or any of you, for that matter, seriously?

This is a result of marriage in the last fifty years. SSM has been legalized in 5 states in the last 10 years. I don’t think that had anything to do with Kim’s marriage or anyone else’s who threw it away over “irreconcilable differences”.

DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to be a hijack. It was started about the recent Kardashian divorce and it will stay that way. What I wanted to do with this post is 1. make you really think about this before you post something and 2. inspire any of you who are brave enough to give this high-profile affront to marriage all the disdain and flat-footed objection it deserves.

Okay...

What is "SSM," other than soft system methodology? ;)

I keep seeing this here.

Thanks!!!

C.

Could have picked a more subtle last name than one that’s only two letters off from a Star Trek alien.:smiley: (Cardasians, yes that joke has been made many times in Trek fandom)
Honestly, this whole thing is ridiculous even by celebrity standards.

Oh, and Surly Mermaid, SSM = Same-sex marriage, and I agree with Corpus Cristi.

I don't think you'll find anyone here that purports that SSM is the sole and ultimate cause of the crisis in marriage in our country and world today. It is but the latest symptom of a dreadful disease. The real tipping point began back in 1930 when the Lambeth conference opened the door to contraception just a little crack. The 80 years since then have more or less been the foreseeable consequences of divorcing the procreative aspect from marital relations.

Praying for the Kardashians. These people are not our enemies but are people in need of our prayers and assistance.

I don't follow the news on the Kardashians or watch their TV shows, but I'd have to say to that whole tribe ...

Your 15 minutes were up an hour ago!

[quote="Luvz2travel, post:8, topic:261191"]
Why would anyone care? I'm glad to say I don't know anything about the any of the Kardashians and don't intend to waste time worrying about what they are up to. I don't even know why they are famous. They seem to be fame seekers of the boldest kind. Reminds me of Jessica Simpson and her ex husband whom I know next to nothing about. I stopped watching most tv like 10 years ago and don't miss it at all. :D:cool:

[/quote]

I would have said the same thing if you hadn't. Totally agree, except I don't know who Jessica Simpson is.

I always enjoyed watching the Kardashians when they were on Deep Space 9. I don’t remember one named Kim, but maybe I’m just forgetting. It’s been a while.

EXACTLY!!! :smiley: I think their dad was the one that kidnapped Picard and tortured him. What a great two-parter for “Next Generation.”

Yes, that had crossed my mind more than once.

:smiley: :smiley: to both of you.

For the record, and not that this signifies anything at all, except my language geekiness, but the “-ian” in their last name identifies them as Armenian-Americans. I don’t know how the names are pronounced in Armenian, but in Russian the accent is on the last syllable: Kar-dash-YAN.

Back to watching Lindsey Lohan back in court. Now there’s another space alien.

Wow! This beats my shortest relationship!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.