Kindgom of God?

A friend of mine who belongs to a Bible believing Church asked me this question about Catholicism: “Out of curiousity from your faiths perspective, what do you know about the Kingdom of God? What does it mean to you?”

Can someone help me out here? What exactly does the Church teach about the Kingdom of God? I always thought it was that Christ is ruling the Kingdom through the Church, but I know there is more to it than that…

Hi Psychria,

I invite you to read this chapter of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, where you will find some important paragraphs on the Kingdom of God, starting with 541.

Verbum

[quote=PsychRia]A friend of mine who belongs to a Bible believing Church asked me this question about Catholicism: “Out of curiousity from your faiths perspective, what do you know about the Kingdom of God? What does it mean to you?”

Can someone help me out here? What exactly does the Church teach about the Kingdom of God? I always thought it was that Christ is ruling the Kingdom through the Church, but I know there is more to it than that…
[/quote]

In the NT, the Kingship (probably a better word) of God is the effective rule of God. It’s not something static, but active and dynamic: something God does, or exercises.

And the Church, as Vatican II says, is “the seed of the Kingdom” - not the kingdom itself, but the beginnings of it. Which is why we should share the Faith we profess.

And it is present in the Person of Jesus: which is how it is “in” and “among” and “near” those to whom He spoke: including His followers.

To find out more - read the Gospels :slight_smile: ##

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.