King James Authorized Version is the ONLY Bible?

A friend of mine has left the church and now believes that the KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION is the ONLY INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. It is 100% perfect with no errors and EVERY WORD IS PERFECTLY PRESERVED BY GOD?

[quote=john charles]A friend of mine has left the church and now believes that the KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION is the ONLY INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. It is 100% perfect with no errors and EVERY WORD IS PERFECTLY PRESERVED BY GOD?
[/quote]

I guess that means he thinks all non-English speaking people are deprived of Sacred Scripture.

poor Apostles, they had to write it in Greek and whatnot :frowning:

[quote=anawim]I guess that means he thinks all non-English speaking people are deprived of Sacred Scripture.
[/quote]

Not to mention all the people who lived before the KJV was published.

Crazy Internet Junkies Society
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

Carol
Well, see, they were under tha catholic dictatorship before KJV, and therefore going to hell, since we all know catholisim is the the whore of babylon…

besides, the bible, more specificly the KJV feel out of the sky from heaven with a note saying this is all you ever need signed God…

I mean, we all know that protestants from the 100-200 AD period compiled it.

Leave it to Catholics to change history and say THEY compiled it…

Sheesh…

Tell you what john… why dont you come on up here and say the sinners prayer with me… that way you will be saved for all time… and you knw what else, you can never loose that salvation…

Christ already paid fer yer sins on Calvery…

and on yer way out the door, why dont you jsut go and pick you up som’ o’ dim jack Chick pamphlets we have outside the hall, its the best source i know on catholic misteaching…

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Stuff like that ticks me off…

KJV the only true version MY FOOT…

man, they cant even agree on the bible…

no wonder there are a gazillion differant churches and denomonations all preachin’ that they are the only way…

Out

[quote=jjoshjl]Carol
Well, see, they were under tha catholic dictatorship before KJV, and therefore going to hell, since we all know catholisim is the the whore of babylon…

besides, the bible, more specificly the KJV feel out of the sky from heaven with a note saying this is all you ever need signed God…

I mean, we all know that protestants from the 100-200 AD period compiled it.

Leave it to Catholics to change history and say THEY compiled it…

Sheesh…

Tell you what john… why dont you come on up here and say the sinners prayer with me… that way you will be saved for all time… and you knw what else, you can never loose that salvation…

Christ already paid fer yer sins on Calvery…

and on yer way out the door, why dont you jsut go and pick you up som’ o’ dim jack Chick pamphlets we have outside the hall, its the best source i know on catholic misteaching…

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Stuff like that ticks me off…

KJV the only true version MY FOOT…

man, they cant even agree on the bible…

no wonder there are a gazillion differant churches and denomonations all preachin’ that they are the only way…

Out
[/quote]

Can we aim a little higher with some charity please.

Blessings

your right… I appologize…

i feel about two feet tall right about now…

thanks for putting me back in my seat… I jsut deal with alot of anti catholic stuff on a daily basis, and soemtimes i blow up…

Carol, John, anyone else offened. I am deeply sorry

Does anyone know why this guy ^^^^^ (jjoshjl) is getting angry with all of us – it seems we all agree with him so far, so what’s the problem? :confused:

Crazy Internet Junkies Society
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

[quote=john charles]A friend of mine has left the church and now believes that the KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION is the ONLY INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. It is 100% perfect with no errors and EVERY WORD IS PERFECTLY PRESERVED BY GOD?
[/quote]

It really does sound like that all non english speakers and readers are out of luck ! :confused:

I know many people who believe this. In reality the entire argument is based out of ignorance. Even the translator’s of KJV stated that it was only a translation in the preface “From the Translators to the Readers”. You’ll find it in most of the 1611’s printed today. The KJV most used today is actaully a 1769 revision.

Most of the people who believe this are very militant and don’t listen to arguments well. I’d suggest loving them above all else.

When people tell me that the KJV is the “true” Bible, I always ask them where King James got his Bible. Then I usually proceed to tell them that their Bible came from my Bible. I actually was directed to an “Alternative Bible section” when I went into a christian bookstore and asked for a Catholic Bible! Excuse Me? What! Weren’t Catholics the first ones to actually PUBLISH the Bible? I seem to remember that before Luther there was only one Bible, and for a while after Luther as well, to be truthful! So how does one claim that the KJV is the “true” bible? Of course, with a little bit of revisionist history. Well, the problem with that is if we don’t call a person or group on it, after a while it becomes accepted as truth. For a very long time Catholics didn’t bother to defend what they knew was right because it either didn’t seem important or we were afraid to speak up. Times have changed, but now we have to play catch up with the revisionists AND the folks that just used our silence to spread this sort of propoganda.

I guess that means he thinks all non-English speaking people are deprived of Sacred Scripture.

Thats just it, most English speaking people cant understand what it is saying. Just read any psalm and try to follow it and then read the same psalm in more modern english, BIG DIFFERENCE. Im not going to say its a bad translation, but its kind of hard to read when you dont understand what its saying. Now that I think about it I bet thats one of the grounds for a lot of confusion, they simply cant read a clear passage in modern day english.

The original KJV contianed the Duetracanonicals (man, I never could spell this word), also! Someone later on dumped them! uuhmmm, I wonder who that was???

In peace!

King James Authorized Version is the ONLY Bible?

YES. ONLY THE ANGLICANS GOT IT RIGHT, SO SAY THE BAPTIST AND EVANGELICALS AND NON-DENOMINATIONAL DENOMINATIONS WHO REJECT THE ANGLICAN HERETIC CHURCH.:whacky:

[quote=auhsoj88]The original KJV contianed the Duetracanonicals (man, I never could spell this word), also! Someone later on dumped them! uuhmmm, I wonder who that was???

In peace!
[/quote]

It’s funny, that group of non-denominational anti-Catholics from the Believer’s Chapel; that comes to where I work on Saturday night; had this discussion. They were discussing the “Apocrypha”. One of them; the out spoken one; did say that they were in the Catholic Bible. (Don’t forget the Anglican Bible, the Orthodox Bible, and the Ethiopian Jewish Bible) Well one the ladies retorted that, “They’re not in my King James Bible.” I almost hit the floor at that point; I thought, “If only you knew.”

I had a college professor say that the KJV is actually a very poorly translated version of the Bible.

As a Fundamentalist I once knew said, "If the King James Version was good enough for Jesus Christ, it’s good enough for me."http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Look If people wear baseball hats with “KJV” on it would that not be a clue…hello.

[quote=vern humphrey]As a Fundamentalist I once knew said, "If the King James Version was good enough for Jesus Christ, it’s good enough for me."http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

[/quote]

aint that the truth.

All,

A federal commission on bilingualism was touring Western Canada. One farmer stood up and said, “I don’t know why people insist on their right to speak French. After all, the Bible was written in English.”:yup:

Verbum

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.