When I was a fundamental Baptist, we had a sub-group among them who believed the King James Version was the only Bible.
Here are a few of their reasons they believe the KJV is the only Bible:
1.The King James Version is a literal translation.
2. The King James Version is perfect.
3. No translation can claim to be the word of God except the King James Bible.
4. Modern translations have removed words and verses from the Bible.
5. Essential doctrines are in jeopardy in modern translations.
6. Red-letter editions of the Bible highlight the exact words of Jesus.
7. Chapter and verse numbers are inspired.
I realize now these claims are ridiculous, but how does a layman, unlearned in Biblical translation history answer these claims?