Kitty Chan, GRACE SEEKER & ALLFORHIM

I’d like for you to go to this link biblechristiansociety.com/download scroll down to “One Church”, listen and tell me what you think.

This is what the private message option is for. I find this use of the forums rude.

well appreciate it but leaving on vacation had to check one last time now everything is piled by door, so much for leaving early :rolleyes:

anyway appreciate the thoughts you can pm me and if I get wireless site I may pop on or I will catch it later. and Im gonna go to church on vacation :slight_smile: Its a non dem tent meeting at the races and its wonderful. So there . … you catholics do have something good to say :stuck_out_tongue: (im kidding in fun) Im 50/50 on going but Im going to, just because you all go on your vacations. And its a good thing. I forgot its fun to meet other believers.

As for any wondering on my thoughts well, Im in good company with Grace and All, :wave: and if anyone needs more info on the subject, well Im a fan of OsLuke and Peregrino, so there ya all go.

off to watch cars go 300 mph :smiley:

Hi,

He is a very dynamic speaker, but this isnt anything I havent heard before.:shrug: As Im sure none of my comments below will be nothing you havent heard before either.:wink:

All the scripture he went to can also be intrepretated the way we believe.:wink: Which has already been talked about to death here. Interesting he didnt talk about tradition and the roll it plays in the CC.:hmmm: I wonder why.

This man spoke about being ONE to prove that the CC is the one true united church . I cant believe this because even the CC is not united and not everyone that belongs to the CC agrees with everything or even follows every doctrine and dogma. I would even bet you that the pope and the magesterium(bishops)dont agree on everything. People are fallible and prideful. Many people need to be right at all costs. Im not saying that is the case with the magesterium, but when you have an organization as big as the CC–I would imagine that if they humbly admitted to be wrong on one point, well then–they would not be infallible and the outcome …well, not something the CC would want to deal with Im sure:shrug: Can you imagine what the media would do:eek: Because we all know how much the media just loves us christians.:rolleyes:

I think the CC or individual people here confuse unity with conformity. Some other posters have mentioned that here. People can conform to anything ,simply by going to church for example, but not really be united as one. We see that in every church:( How many people show up on Sunday out of duty or they think it is the right thing to do or it is how they were raised. They are not united to anything(except themselves maybe), they are conforming.

This is why focusing on a specific church is not the answer but focusing on Christ and letting Him lead your ways. If those ways are to the CC great . I have not been lead there. The Lord has lead me to a wonderful body of believers where I am growing in Christ like I never have before.I feel like the people in my church are my second family. They are there for me when I need them. God has blessed me and my children with such a fantastic group of believers. Sadly though, not every church is teaching the right thing. That is why we need to educate ourselves so we can discern the truth with help from the HS.Honestly, I dont feel I need a human on earth to be deemed infallible to teach scripture. I dont know, maybe it is because I am at peace and joyful in my faith and trust in the Lord and that seems to be enough for me. The truth is I like the way the CC hasnt caved in on moral issues. It is their doctrine and dogma I have issue with. Not all but many.

Thanks Sterry for the link. Im curious why you pinpointed the three of us though.

Check it out. I would like to hear your opinion on it.:smiley: :thumbsup:

All

just peeking Im really leaving soon, just cat curious :smiley:

thanks for speaking and I second ya, here here

GO on VACATION ALREADY!!:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: Have fun!!!

That’s one nice thing about being Catholic, everyone has their own spin on why the Catholic Church is not the true Church. Keeps things interesting.

Interesting he didnt talk about tradition and the roll it plays in the CC.:hmmm: I wonder why.

BCS kinda specializes in bible only defense of Catholicism. He knows that Protestants don’t care what the pope or CCC say.

I cant believe this because even the CC is not united and not everyone that belongs to the CC agrees with everything or even follows every doctrine and dogma. I would even bet you that the pope and the magesterium(bishops)dont agree on everything. People are fallible and prideful. Many people need to be right at all costs. Im not saying that is the case with the magesterium, but when you have an organization as big as the CC–I would imagine that if they humbly admitted to be wrong on one point, well then–they would not be infallible and the outcome …well, not something the CC would want to deal with Im sure:shrug: Can you imagine what the media would do:eek:

So should we shop for a church that allows/endorses/teaches that abortion/homosexuality/ABC are ok? The Catholic Church teaches these very difficult truths only because they are the truth. Can you immagine how many new Catholics there would be if the magisterium taught the error we see in so many churches? We have plenty who leave to join/start new churches, and ordinarily these people will attack Catholic theology only because of moral shortcomings in their own lives.

Because we all know how much the media just loves us christians.:rolleyes:

And which Church do they hate the most? That should tell you something.

Have a great time on your vacation. God bless you and keep you safe in your travels. That is great that you are going to church on vacation. I always enjoy checking out churches in other towns myself. Yes, it is nice to connect with other believers in different places. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your honesty. May God bless you always wherever He leads you. :slight_smile: :hug1: :blessyou:

Well, it actually fluctuates I think between the CC and evangelical christians such as myself.:frowning: Maybe because those are the 2 most outspoken groups.
side note:
We had a missionary visiting with us today and he gave the sermon. One thing he said stuck out for me. He said if all of your neighbors hate you(meaning where you live)you are not being a good christian. If all of your neighbors love you then you are not being a good christian witness. The reason is because if everyone loves you then you are not living the truth of the bible. Jesus said if we love Him people will hate us. Like you said people hate catholics because they uphold moral ,biblical values that the world hates. :frowning: He suggested we should be right in the middle of the road.

I have been critisized because I am training my children to be abstinent until marriage. I have also been told that I am too strict because I wont let my children watch and listen to whatever they want.:shrug: Like Jesus says, they will hate us because they hate Him

Thank you and right back at ya:thumbsup: :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.