KKK’s official newspaper supports Donald Trump for president

Washington Post:
KKK’s official newspaper supports Donald Trump for president

Among the small number of American newspapers that have embraced Donald Trump’s campaign, there is one, in particular, that stands out.

It is called the Crusader — and it is one of the prominent newspapers of the Ku Klux Klan.

Under the banner “Make America Great Again,” the paper’s current issue devoted its entire front page to a lengthy defense of Trump’s message — an embrace some have labeled a de facto endorsement.

“ ‘Make America Great Again!’ It is a slogan that has been repeatedly used by Donald Trump in his campaign for the presidency,” the Crusader’s Pastor Thomas Robb wrote. “You can see it on the shirts, buttons, posters and ball caps such as the one being worn here by Trump speaking at a recent rally. … But can it happen? Can America really be great again? This is what we will soon find out!”

“While Trump wants to make America great again, we have to ask ourselves, ‘What made America great in the first place?’ " the article continues. “The short answer to that is simple. America was great not because of what our forefathers did — but because of who our forefathers were.

“America was founded as a White Christian Republic. And as a White Christian Republic it became great.”

The Trump campaign responded with criticism of the article. “Mr. Trump and the campaign denounces hate in any form. This publication is repulsive and their views do not represent the tens of millions of Americans who are uniting behind our campaign,” the campaign said in a statement Tuesday evening.

Reached by phone, Robb told The Washington Post that while the paper wasn’t officially endorsing Trump, the article signaled the publication’s enthusiastic support for his candidacy.

“Overall, we do like his nationalist views and his words about shutting down the border to illegal aliens. It’s not an endorsement because, like anybody, there’s things you disagree with,” Robb said. “But he kind of reflects what’s happening throughout the world. There seems to be a surge of nationalism worldwide as nationals reclaim their borders.”

The 12-page quarterly newspaper calls itself “The Political Voice of White Christian America!” and has a well-known white supremacist symbol on its front page. The latest edition includes articles about Jewish links to terrorism, black-on-white crime and a man who claims to be Bill Clinton’s illegitimate child. An article near the end of the paper says that Trump’s candidacy is “moving the dialogue forward.”

The publication’s website says that its “number one goal” is to “stop white genocide.”

(cont. at link)

I don’t think Donald Trump would welcome this any more than Hillary Clinton would welcome Will Quigg, a Grand Dragon in the KKK, when asked who he would support for President, said, “Hillary Clinton” - youtu.be/L65RBwrtOeQ

It’s so sad that the KKK still exist!

Right:
snopes.com/kkk-endorses-hillary-clinton/

Snopes claiming it’s “unproven” is not proof the guy is playing a hoax. It is unproven because I guess it’s impossible to 100% verify the authenticity of his statements in regards to wanting Hillary Clinton to become President, but his support for Hillary Clinton may be completely authentic. He also named Hillary Clinton in the video I posted a link to.

Will Quigg could be playing a hoax but I’ll speculate, perhaps the KKK newspaper endorsement for Donald Trump could be a hoax. Perhaps they’d rather Hillary Clinton to become President because for one, she has far more liberal views on abortion, and perhaps the KKK like that because they think she would be more of a protector of liberal abortion policies, compared to Donald Trump, and the KKK may like the rates of abortion in the Black and Hispanic population, and by putting out an endorsement for Donald Trump, they think that could turn off some people from Donald Trump, and help Hillary Clinton. This speculation is unproven of course but some weird statement about a “toupee” regarding Donald Trump from Quigg, don’t mean his statement about Hillary Clinton isn’t authentic.

Could this be another “Trump incites violence at his rallies” ?

They are probably on Clintons payroll.

If Trump were to accept/approve of such an endorsement, then we would have reason to be concerned, this is just another ploy in deception.

I hope this has helped

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Well said, and I agree.

When a story like this is single-sourced, and no one can back it up, prudence dictates being very skeptical of it.

Will Quigg could be playing a hoax but I’ll speculate, perhaps the KKK newspaper endorsement for Donald Trump could be a hoax.

The various news outlets reporting on this actually show the front page of the Crusader. It is not speculation.

Can’t really say I’m surprised.

What an utter shock that the uber-left WaPo would dredge such information up. :rolleyes: And to think that the KKK is a democratic organization:

“The first Klan flourished in the Southern United States in the late 1860s, then died out by the early 1870s. It sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South during the Reconstruction Era, especially by using violence against African American leaders.”

This is news how? I’m sure there are communist groups that support Hillary, so I ask again, how is this news?

What exactly can you point to, that says that with Trump’s supposedly ‘white supremacy, KKK loving views’ you could see this coming?

I’m not surprised either, not surprised Clintons team would use such tactics, because they already have before.

Thank you for reading
Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.