Kneel or stand?

I have noticed that when the Priest says, “Through him with Him and in Him” etc. some parishioners now stand for the Amen. I still kneel. Please tell me what is correct. Thank you!

General Instruction of the Roman Missal, United Statesl:

1. …In the dioceses of the United States of America, they should kneel beginning after the singing or recitation of the Sanctus until after the Amen of the Eucharistic Prayer, except when prevented on occasion by reasons of health, lack of space, the large number of people present, or some other good reason. Those who do not kneel ought to make a profound bow when the priest genuflects after the consecration. The faithful kneel after the Agnus Dei unless the diocesan Bishop determines otherwise.

In the USA the faithful kneel until after the Amen that concludes the Eucharistic Prayer.

General Instruction of the Roman Missal, England & Wales:

1. …They should kneel, on the other hand, at the Consecration…Where it is the practice for the people to remain kneeling after the Sanctus (Holy, Holy, Holy) until the end of the Eucharistic Prayer and before Communion when the Priest says, Ecce Agnus Dei (Behold the Lamb of God), it is laudable for this practice to be retained.

In many parts of the world people kneel only for the consecration (epiclesis until “The Mystery of Faith”). However the GIRM in those countries also usually states that if they have the custom of kneeling longer than they should retain that tradition. While the USA GIRM clearly states that people should remain kneeling until after the Amen, the GIRM for England and Wales only says until after the Eucharistic Prayer. As far as I understand it the Amen is part of the Eucharistic Prayer and therefore the faithful, in this tradition, should continue kneeling until is it completed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.