Kneeling and Prayng Through the Whole Mass

Hello!

Monday nights, I attend a Purgatorial Mass, and the majority of the time there is a woman that usually attends. One thing I noticed about this woman is that the moment she walks in, her lips are moving in prayer. She kneels down, and doesn’t move until Communion time. Occasionally, I see her sit down during Mass, but she never, ever stands, and she prays throughout Mass. I don’t watch her during Mass to see if she is saying the prayers, but I noticed that she doesn’t stand simply because she always sits a pew or two in front of me. I don’t mind that she doesn’t stand/sit, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen someone behave like this during Church. Thank you for your answers! :slight_smile:

• SnowAngels

Yeah, some here do something like that, as well, but really, there’s a protocol to mass that tells us when to sit, stand, and kneel so we can do that together, as a people.

Yes, I remember a lady in her 20’s I think. Saw her twice at church. She also had a little book that she was always reading as well. I’d also prefer if we all kneel, stand and do everything as a group. If you feel that you have extra prayers, then find time outside mass days - church is always open.

Participation in Mass is compulsory. All the documents are clear on that. Say the black, and do the red. Not just a good idea for priests.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but are you saying that someone praying in the church before and after Mass is unacceptable to you? I guess I don’t understand why anyone worries about what anyone else is doing at Mass, other than themselves (and perhaps their minor children,) unless the other person is being disruptive.

Maybe there is a physical reason why she remains kneeling; perhaps it’s too difficult for her to sit, stand, kneel so many times.

Thank you for your answer!
You are misunderstanding my question, but it might be because of my poor phrasing. It doesn’t bother me at all that this woman prays; in fact, it makes me very happy to see someone so devout. I was referring to the fact that she kneels throughout all of Mass. Again, this doesn’t bother me. I have seen no one else do that before, and I was curious if anyone else had seen someone do it before.:shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.