Knights of Columbus and Seminarians

Hi everyone! I hope this isn’t a stupid question, but are all seminarians studying for the priesthood recommended to be Knights of Columbus? Thanks for your time!

The Knights are great supporters of Seminarians... Seminarians are the future leaders of our congregations and the foundation for perpetuation of the guidance for the faithful. Most of the seminarians I've met are indeed Knights and those that are not are welcomed with open arms. Our Council recently has wrapped up our inital commitment of financial support for a local seminarian in our diocese. He was very much appreciative of our efforts and kept us posted on his progress. It is my intent to garner support in our council that we may continue this program in conjunction with our State K of C sponsorship program.

Come, be a part, be active and may you ever be a source of faith filled inspiration to your brother Knights. :thumbsup:

DKrep

[quote="Dkrep, post:2, topic:292289"]
The Knights are great supporters of Seminarians... Seminarians are the future leaders of our congregations and the foundation for perpetuation of the guidance for the faithful. Most of the seminarians I've met are indeed Knights and those that are not are welcomed with open arms. Our Council recently has wrapped up our inital commitment of financial support for a local seminarian in our diocese. He was very much appreciative of our efforts and kept us posted on his progress. It is my intent to garner support in our council that we may continue this program in conjunction with our State K of C sponsorship program.

Come, be a part, be active and may you ever be a source of faith filled inspiration to your brother Knights. :thumbsup:

DKrep

[/quote]

Thanks DKrep... I am a teenager so I still have some time for that. I might want to become one when I am older! I am trying to give my future vocation a lot of thought and prayer right now... Maybe I will be a seminarian someday! ;)

I greatly admire the Knights and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. Every parish should have such dedicated Catholics as members.

Also being an member of the KofC’s and a seminarian you can be awarded scholarships to help with school expenses

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.