Knights of Columbus

Allison,
As a third degree knight I can truly assure you that no one has been whacked as far as I know. If the K of C did snuff out people don’t you think Catholic bashers would be nicer to Catholics? The only reason there are Catholic bashers is because we don’t bash back. I in turn get a belly full of bashers quicker than most, if they’re Christians I hope they’ll forgive me.

The Knights of Columbus was founded by a priest in 1882, who is currently in process for sainthood. It is an amazing story of dedication and love for the Church, its members and orphans. It is 1.2 million men and their families doing God’s work on earth and selling raffle tickets, hosting bingo and selling insurance to finance it.

fathermcgivney.org/mcg/sainthood/index.cfm

kofc.org/un/about/index.cfm

Peace,

David

[quote=David Puthoff]Allison,
… It is 1.2 million men and their families doing God’s work on earth and selling raffle tickets, hosting bingo and selling insurance to finance it.

[/quote]

Make that 1.2 million and one. I myself am joining. My first degree initiation is in two weeks.

I probably would have joined sooner, but I have many irons in the fire. Between helping with RCIA, my kids’ school, Cubmaster, etc. not a lot of time left. But the organization stresses that you “do what you can,” i.e., a little or a lot. So I finally filled out that application.

SG257

[quote=stargazer257]Make that 1.2 million and one. I myself am joining. My first degree initiation is in two weeks.
[/quote]

Very Cool, and very worth the while. Congrats.
Peace,
David

So you guys are telling me that oath thing they made me sign with blood was fake ??:eek: … and i suppose i need to go to confession for that pentacostal guy i ‘whacked’ who was making fun of catholics too… :smiley: Well, as the youngest 3rd degree knight in my home town (im 19), i can honestly say, yupp, all that weird oath stuff is complete garbage, and some of the most devout christians i know are Knights… it’s a great honor and priveledge to be a knight, and i wear my cool little pin with pride :cool:

i hope everyone can pick out the sarcasm in my frist couple lines… btw…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.