Know any albums of hymns that sing ALL the words?

Hi everyone!

My dad and I share a pet peeve: recordings of grand old hymns that cut off half the verses. We love the dense theology and thoughtful structure of those classic lyrics, but most recordings display more interest in the orchestral arrangement and the singer’s voice than in the original poet’s message.

Dad’s birthday is coming up and I’d really like to be able to give him a CD he’ll love, and he’d love nothing better than a bunch of classic hymns of which all the words are sung. He’s Protestant, but pray don’t hesitate to recommend Catholic albums too. If they’re too in-your-face Catholic for Dad, I’ll put 'em on my own wish list. :slight_smile:

Soooo… if anyone’s aware of any albums of hymns that meet this strict criteria (Sing all the words! Sing all the words!), I’d really appreciate hearing about them. Whatever info you can provide (name of album, artist, where it can be bought) would be great, but if all you remember is a few words of the album title, I’ll take what I can get.

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.