Komen Breast Cancer Group Gives $ to Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz

Komen Breast Cancer Group Gives $ to Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz

Los Angeles, CA (LifeNews.com) – A Susan G. Komen Foundation affiliate in California is the latest to send hundreds of thousands of dollars to the nation’s largest abortion business. The money is going to Planned Parenthood even though research confirms abortion increases a woman’s risk of contracting breast cancer.

More: LifeNews.com/state3673.html

Please be careful what you say and how you proceed, especially if you are wrong and trying to throw a grenade in the room. The organization Susan G. Komen Foundation IS NOT involved in sending any money to any charity. They have a Board of Directors and they are regulated by the government. They are not a political group or PAC. They are not an organization that gives out money. What do you mean by affilliate??? The guy who delivers the pizza, the plumber, may be called an affilliate? All your going to do is sully the good reputation of this organization for what??? to float a bubble and see what happens? Organizations can sue individuals for slander and defamation, and this is what it looks like.

Nice try. You can see the donation for yourself in their press release at ocmetro.com/t-Komen_Orange_County_awards_1_million_to_local_nonprofits_12_01_08.aspx

If you don’t like Komen donating to an abortion business, don’t lie about us for telling you. Do something about it by complaining to Komen.

From the article:

The Orange County affiliate of Komen for the Cure is giving more than $1.3 million to several groups, including Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure spokeswoman Rebecca Gibson previously confirmed hat 19 of the 122 Komen affiliates made grants totaling $374,253 to Planned Parenthood during the 2005-2006 fiscal year.

Komen officials have dismissed the grants saying they are for breast cancer screenings, but pro-life advocates say the money is fungible and that it frees up funds Planned Parenthood could use for breast screenings but instead uses on abortions.

This is why I do not support Komen by not buying anything that has the Komen pink ribbon symbol.

Komen and the March of Dimes refuse to acknowledge research strongly suggesting how abortion leads to breast cancer, and by their support of PP, keep the exploitation of women and further the ignorance of women’s health issues.

“It cannot be said that all women who have breast cancer have had abortions. Similarly, not all women who have had abortions will get breast cancer. Nevertheless, abortion is the most preventable risk factor for breast cancer.”

abortionbreastcancer.com/

abortionbreastcancer.com/The_Link.htm

So you determined as fact that the money won’t be used for breast cancer screening. If we follow this train of thought then money donated to churches on Sunday is probably funding the pedophile law suits lodged against the church?

We’re Catholics. We don’t give money to organizations that perform abortions.

Komen and their affiliates have had a relationship with PP for some time now. Some officials at Komen have resigned over this relationship, saying in response to one affiliates donations:

"Planned Parenthood’s own records show that when Planned Parenthood of North Texas received Komen funding in 2003, ostensibly for ‘breast services’, abortion services went UP and breast services went DOWN."
abortionbreastcancer.com/news/051116/index.htm

This relationship between Komen donations and increased abortion is seen in other instances too:

lifeissues.org/AbortionBreastcancer/komen/3_25_07.html

1. Public records indicate that Susan G. Komen for the Cure (“Komen”) affiliates in at least 22 states (Missouri is not among them) have provided sizable grants to local Planned Parenthood chapters for breast health care services.1

Despite Komen donations for breast health care services, Planned Parenthood (the largest single abortion provider in the country) stated in its 2004-2005 annual report that 9,900 more abortions were performed and 26,000 fewer breast exams were provided in 2004 than in 2003. 2
Donors cannot control how an organization designates its funds. Therefore, money donated for a specific service, i.e. breast health care, directly frees up funds to support other areas of an organization’s agenda, i.e. contraception services, “safe” sex education and abortion services. "

Many well-meaning people support Komen not knowing the link between Komen’s support for PP and the studies showing a link between abortion and breast cancer. It is such a tragedy that the MSM wishes to keep women in the dark about women’s health, and insidious that there may be an effort to keep us ignorant as there is much more money in breast cancer research and treatment than in preventing it in the first place. Especially when ideology is involved.

Well, breast cancer screening may not be all it’s cracked up to be, at least according to this article: naturalnews.com/024901.html

I think it is interesting that the ‘scientists’ are so caught up in their ideology that they are willing to entertain the notion that malignant breast cancers ‘just go away through the body’s own immune system’ than concede that mammograms are the cause of the increased rates of breast cancers among those who receive them.

Mammograms have been hailed as life-savers because regular screening was picking up lumps early. All the while, the increased lumps were being caused by damaging the breast tissue by squeezing it in a vise to 1/2 inch thick and subjecting it to radiation at the same time. To think that the women who did not have the extra mammograms had lumps that just went away all by themselves, rather than admit that the test was the cause is really a stretch.

I recall another industry which spent millions trying to debunk all the studies that said it caused all sorts of illnesses. Most of the users of their products willingly believed them. They didn’t want it to be true. Therefore, it wasn’t. It took many years to get health warnings on the packages. Even now, many of those users still deny the links.

It is the same here. They do not want to believe that BCP, HRT and abortions can cause breast cancer, so they deny it, all the while, breast cancer rates among women who use such things soar.

Apart from the fact that PP performs abortions, we have an organisation allegedly devoted to finding a cure for breast cancer actively supporting an organisation whose products and services contribute to increased breast cancers. The link is vociferously denied. Just like the tobacco companies swore up and down that smoking does not cause lung cancer.

Just my :twocents:

It has been known for some time that the Susan G. Komen foundation donates to Planned Parenthood. Why I don’t know. I think it’s stupid considering how abortion can cause breast cancer.

I created a thread some time ago requesting a boycott on the Susan G. Komen foundation. All you have to do is boycott products with the pink ribbon them.

I have known about this connection and also boycott products with the symbol ont them.

I think Komen uses Planned Parenthood for breast cancer screening because PP has offices in so many locations. These screening programs would likely not exist in the absence of funding, which is why Komen provides money.

As for the purported abortion-breast cancer link, I know its a staple belief of the pro-life movement, but the mainstream health organizations don’t believe such a link exists.

Please read what has been posted earlier about the Komen-PP relationship. It has been shown that Komen’s money doesn’t necessarily go to increased screenings, but to an increase of abortion services.

As for the abortion-breast cancer link, the American Cancer Society quotes a “large Danish study” as the most reliable study on the subject, saying,“the researchers found that induced abortion(s) had no overall effect on the risk of breast cancer.”:
cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_6x_Can_Having_an_Abortion_Cause_or_Contribute_to_Breast_Cancer.asp

However, as Dr. Wilke has posted on the Abortion Facts website, that study is seriously flawed. Note that the study is actually named on Abortionfacts.com, unlike the ACS site, and has been found to be seriously flawed. Of the 1.5 Danish women referenced by the ACS in the “large Danish study”, 1.2 of them had no exposure to induced abortion nor have developed breast cancer. The list of inconsistencies and discrepancies, along with more studies on the cancer link, can be found here:
abortionfacts.com/dr_willke/connector_april_97.asp#4

As for me, I choose not to be naively led by a secular culture that absolutely does not have my best interests in mind. I ask others, especially women, to do the same. :wink:

I’m not sure to what you are referring. I looked at your earlier links, but they don’t seem to support this claim. Your Missouri example states that PP received money from Komen in 2004, but did less breast health services than in 2003. But you don’t say what kind of funding PP had in 2003 - perhaps a significant revenue source was lost in the next year, leading to curtailed services. I’m not saying you are wrong… just that you haven’t actually proved the point.

What I have provided is at least 2 instances of correllation between Komen donations and a decrease in breast cancer screenings. Accurate information on this is now hard to find since this issue became public. Now many affiliates’ reports and press releases about the Komen-PP relationship are no longer available to the public.

The issue is that Komen’s money, though stated as being given to enhance the number and availability of cancer screenings, can not be dedicated as such. The evidence is that PP is not using the money for increased cancer screenings, but to enhance and increase the number of performed abortions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.