Komen grants flowing to Planned Parenthood

From the Washington Post:
Grants from the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure are flowing to Planned Parenthood, as the women’s health organizations seek to rebuild their relationship after the controversy in February over the breast cancer charity’s unsuccessful attempt to defund Planned Parenthood.

At least 17 Planned Parenthood affiliates will be funded this year, about the same number that received grants in 2011, according to a tally provided by Komen. The total amount of the grants, which are for breast-cancer screening and other breast-health services, is still being worked out. Most recipients this year also received funds last year.

(snip)

“We know that people have been upset and concerned about recent events,” spokeswoman Leslie Aun said. “We’ve acknowledged our missteps and apologized. People need to know that we have not and never will walk away from women in need. There is no one filling the gap in services the way that Komen is.”
Isn’t that just marvelous? (/sarc)

Komen funds ancillary services for PP; freeing up more PP money to be used to slaughter babies.

What a wonderful world we live in. Something to remember the next time you consider patronizing a business featuring the “pink ribbon”…you will be materially cooperating with the sacrifice of the young to Moloch.

Does PP even provide breast cancer screenings in the first place? I’ve never heard of anyone going there for one. I just recently looked at list of places to get inexpensive mamograms and they weren’t on it.

Yes, I heard about that on a Dallas based talk radio show a couple of weeks ago. It seems PP was able to bring enough pressure to bear on Komen when they tried to defund them that Komen’s finances were severely impacted and attendance dropped precipitously at their fund raising events. So Komen reversed course and jumped back in bed with PP to shore up their own financial condition. At least in my opinion Komen no longer has a shed of credibility or respectability and I won’t be supporting or contributing to them. They made their bargain with the devil so we will see how that works for them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.