Koran boy's skin mystery

Koran boy’s skin mystery

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00911/kpranmain_911462a.jpg

A BABY boy has left doctors baffled after passages from the Koran were found on his skin.

The parents of nine-month-old Ali Yakubov were stunned when the word Allah appeared on his chin soon after his birth.

Since then scores of writings in Arabic script have emerged on his back, arms, legs and stomach.

Amazingly his family claim the old markings vanish before the new words arrive — twice a week.

Medics say they cannot explain his mysterious condition — but deny that the marks are from someone writing on the child’s skin.

His mother, Madina, said that she and her husband were not religious until the words started appearing on his skin.

Initially they did not show anyone the unexplained scribbles, but eventually revealed them to their doctor.

Now the boy has become a focus of Muslim homage in his troubled home province of Dagestan, close to war-ravaged Chechnya in the south of Russia.

Local MP Akhmedpasha Amiralaev said: “This boy is a pure sign of God. Allah sent him to Dagestan in order to stop revolts and tension in our republic.”

The tot’s mother said: "Normally those signs appear twice a week - on Mondays and on the nights between Thursdays and Fridays.

"Ali always feels bad when it is happening. He cries and his temperature goes up.

“It’s impossible to hold him when it’s happening, his body is actively moving, so we put him into his cradle. It’s so hard to watch him suffering.”

this is weird:confused:

Where was this story posted? The news source I mean.

Hmm. Reminds me of that scene from The Exorcist.

Appears to be burns or henna from that photo.

The Sun is the worst paper in Britain.

They probably burnt the writing on his arm!

Is that where this came from?

Isn’t that a tabloid? :ehh:

im sure many newspapers report about it,but here is from russia today

russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-10-19/signs-allah-infant-skin.html

http://visualrian.com/storage/PreviewWM/4789/90/478990.jpg?1255687501

visualrian.com/images/item/478990

just write ali yakubov and you will get many different newspapers,the sun is just one of them…i think its the only western paper that raports about it(untill now,its still very new)

Pure nonsense! Just another hoax to keep Muslims mesmerized by Islam!

Vickie

It looks like they probably burned it into the poor child’s flesh :frowning:

do you say the same when people claim to cry out blood and all that christian stuff? where is a litle bit of objectivism here

to me this doesnt mean anything,because i believe wth or without theese miracles–but they happen all the time,and the doctors couldnt prove anything,so until them im not gonna say anything

im sure the doctors would be able to see that:eek:

The majority of Christian ‘miracles’ also turn out to be hoaxes, sadly. A great deal of research should go into a ‘miracle’ before it is declared valid.

Who says they aren’t in on the hoax?

maybe

I see nothing miraculous there. If you want to believe in it, so be it.

Vickie

Yes and a pretty poor one at that, to see a Muslim who has been arguing about female modesty quoting from a newspaper infamous for displaying topless girls every day on page 3 is amusing. It’s a low quality paper which features little in the way of serious news.

Considering the situation in Dagestan, which is about as stable as a jelly on top of a pogo stick on top of a ferris wheel this looks more like something the local militant nutters will set upon in a bid to carry out a bit more terrorism in Russia. Thank God my relatives who are in the Russian army do not serve near this area.

“This boy is a pure sign of God.”

Don’t jump to conclusions.

Exactly. This is one of the reasons God gave us the Catholic Church - to “test the spirits.”

A point which I absolutely agree with, the majority of spontaneous healings etc. turn out to be bogus.

Have any independent doctors from outside the area examined this child?

I read an interesting explanation from one doctor here

The doctor says that it could be due to urticarial dermographism which “literally means writing on the skin. Firm stroking of the skin produces an initial red line (capillary dilatation), followed by an axon-reflex flare with broadening erythema (arteriolar dilatation) and the formation of a linear wheal (transudation of fluid/edema) termed the triple response of Lewis.” (source).

Here is a google image:

To give you an idea of the fine level of reporting in the Sun one of their other big stories of the day was that the UK pop star Amy Winehouse was caught flashing her breasts on a night out after having had them enhanced. Other top stories were that their website now offers you a chance to download topless girls to display on your mobile phone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.