Kourtney Kardashian Agonized Over Whether to Keep Her Baby

Kourtney Kardashian Agonized Over Whether to Keep Her Baby

Kourtney Kardashian’s unplanned pregnancy forced the shocked reality TV star to make one of the most difficult decisions in her life: Would she have the baby or terminate the pregnancy?

“I definitely thought about it long and hard, about if I wanted to keep the baby or not, and I wasn’t thinking about adoption,” Kardashian, 30, who was shooting E!'s Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami at the time, tells PEOPLE exclusively. “I do think every woman should have the right to do what they want, but I don’t think it’s talked through enough. I can’t even tell you how many people just say, ‘Oh, get an abortion.’ Like it’s not a big deal.”

“I looked online, and I was sitting on the bed hysterically crying, reading these stories of people who felt so guilty from having an abortion,” she recalls. “I was reading these things of how many people are traumatized by it afterwards.”

After scouring the Internet, Kardashian says she started to realize that an abortion wasn’t an option for her. "I was just sitting there crying, thinking, ‘I can’t do that,’ " she says. “And I felt in my body, this is meant to be. God does things for a reason, and I just felt like it was the right thing that was happening in my life.”

people.com/people/article/0,20298807,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

This quote makes it sound like she chose not to have an abortion. If that’s true, then that’s good. But she also said she thinks “every woman should have the right to do what they want.” I have a problem with that statement. No one has the right to murder other people.

Yes, the fact that she believes “choice” didn’t settle well with me either - but her example in this story brings us to the greater need of why women faced in similar situations should examine the issue exactly like she did before she made her decision. Having a high-profile person like her coming out and stating why she chose life could help in starting the turn around in public opinion towards pro-life ideas in our society.

She’s got to start somewhere, right? :slight_smile:

I don’t agree with her on abortion, but let’s cut her some slack for now: she decided to give life to a child instead of murdering it. Maybe this experience will change her mindset and heart when it comes to women having a “choice.”

Just give her some time :slight_smile:

Mm-hmm. :yup:

She did make a loving decision to give her unborn child life. That’s a very important start. With time, she’ll see the blessing God gave her and that very well might steer her toward a Pro-Life mind. :slight_smile:

No one has the “right” to do whatever they want!

Using this flawed logic, the Chinese policy of forced abortions is ok because"they can do whatever they want?"

Read this, it shows how women suffer most from these male directed policies (gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html).

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

I agree give her some slack… Have to remember she is surrounded by people telling her its no big deal its not a baby. Some people honestly are never told differently…I was raised that way and believe that the truth about abortion came from the Holy Spirit to me.No one told me differently.

I"m thankful that she’s having the baby. She did say some very pro-life things. Maybe over time she’ll realize the false dichotomy she’s got going on in her head.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.