Kwame Kilpatrick goes to jail! As if Detroit needs any more drama

Detroit Mayor Sent to Jailo

Yep - we really need this right now. Sheeesh. :rolleyes:

(sorry, can’t seem to edit that link, apologies for the typo. :o )

~Liza

Saw the video of him being taken away.

Maybe they’ll get a good mayor in there one day… :eek:

I lived in the DC area for 7 years (I was living there when the infamous cocaine bust happened) and Philadelphia area for 7 years. I thought both those mayors were bad. Kilpatrick is much worse then both of them.

You get the government you deserve. Detroit must have been VERY VERY BAD!

That’s a very interesting comment from someone in Germany. :rolleyes:

Detroit has many many problems - but I do not believe the RESIDENTS of Detroit are bad people. They have certainly made bad choices when choosing leaders. But even I thought Kwame was going to be a breath of fresh air when he was elected (I can’t vote in the city, I live in the 'burbs). It’s sad that he has far exceeded disappointment - he’s become a down right embarrassment.

~Liza

I LIVE in Germany, I’m a citizen of the US. It was meant to chastize the people that voted for this embarrassment of a mayor.

Were this between the years 1992 and 2000, I would say that was an interesting comment for an American to make :slight_smile:

Anyway, stop hating on y’alls boy! Too many people died!

youtube.com/watch?v=twRPO7DQoL4

Looks like we will know if he is in more trouble around 10 tomorrow

Cox to hold press conference on Kilpatrick

Detroit is a good place with good people just has some bad luck with choosing this Mayor. You can fool some of the people all the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time. Mr. Kilpatrick if you love Detroit as much as you say you do, please realize TIMES UP!!

Kilpatrick to stand trial on assault charges

If there is any justice left he will go to prision…Detroit is being governed by organized crime

He is history:

Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick pleads guilty, resigns

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.