Ladies--how do you wear your hair on Christmas/New Year's/special occasions?

*Just thought I'd start a fun thread (we need one of those now and again;)) about hairstyles. I had my hair in a shorter style last Christmas, and it's grown out now to my collarbone, I'd say? I'm growing it out, and haven't worn an updo, or any fancy ''clips'' in a while. For those who have longer hair here...how do you wear it on Christmas or New Year's? Are you a fan of updos? Curls? Pin straight?

If you have any ideas...or pics of updos that might work for my hair length, I'd appreciate it. :)*

Hey whatevergirl! I have really long hair, the longest i’ve had since hs!! LOL I just kind of shorten a little in the front gives me a rounded face look instead of fat and squared! LOL :frowning: Anyhow, I love my hair straight, before it was about the curls, ah when you’re young and have no fashion sense! lol because I have no time early in the morning for work, kids, dogs that need to be taken care of since around 6 am and I must be in at 7:30 am kind of gets things worked up I just put my hair up in a bun, or high pony tail for work or sometimes even low ponytail whichever can be done faster! LOL

To celebrate I will either put my hair up in a half french pony tail and clip it and let my hair fluff in the top kind of like a peacock…lol, or straighten it and let my long locks shine as much as possible…Long straight hair looks always pretty on anyone! :smiley:

I have long hair. I do the hot roller thingy. Then I pin the sides up in the back.

I wear my hair the same every day....

[quote="iluvmybabies, post:2, topic:180482"]
Hey whatevergirl! I have really long hair, the longest i've had since hs!! LOL I just kind of shorten a little in the front gives me a rounded face look instead of fat and squared! LOL :( Anyhow, I love my hair straight, before it was about the curls, ah when you're young and have no fashion sense! lol because I have no time early in the morning for work, kids, dogs that need to be taken care of since around 6 am and I must be in at 7:30 am kind of gets things worked up I just put my hair up in a bun, or high pony tail for work or sometimes even low ponytail whichever can be done faster! LOL

To celebrate I will either put my hair up in a half french pony tail and clip it and let my hair fluff in the top kind of like a peacock...lol, or straighten it and let my long locks shine as much as possible...Long straight hair looks always pretty on anyone! :D

[/quote]

Not sure if my hair will do that just yet, but it can do the french ''twist.'' I have always wanted to wear my hair like you describe here, and when it was longer, I still couldn't figure out how to do that look you describe (in bold) :shrug::o I think that is such a cute (and easy to do) look...well easy for everyone but me. lol

[quote="kage_ar, post:4, topic:180482"]

[/quote]

You have such a cute hairstyle kage...from the pic I remember on here that you posted.

[quote="jrabs, post:3, topic:180482"]
I have long hair. I do the hot roller thingy. Then I pin the sides up in the back.

[/quote]

ah ha! I forgot about hot rollers. Thx for the idea. :) When you say ''pin'' are you using bobby pins, or small clips?

I consider my hair styled if there's no spit-up in it. :p

My hair only really has two styles (punky and pixie), so I usually have it spiked at the top.

Mine is usually in a bun all the time because it just bothers me to much when it's down! I try to wear it down every once in a while, but it usually ends up being twisted up in a bun inside of an hour. Creative for me tends to be a french braid or something like that. I wish I was more creative (and better at styling my hair!).

My hair is not quite to my shoulders, and I’m trying to grow it out. It’s also weirdly wavy in certain patches, but not all over. So, even to “fix” it normally, I have to blow dry and then use a hot air brush to straighten it and flip the ends under a little. I don’t normally do anything out of the ordinary for Christmas or New Years, but since you mention it, it might just be long enough to dig out the hot rollers and see what happens.

I was in a wedding in September and had my hair curled all over and then done “half up, half down” with my bangs kind of swept off to the side, and some height added to the top (kind of like a bumpit, but not that dramatic, and just done by being teased). I really liked it like that - it was formal, but not too formal.

I have long straight hair and wear it the same almost every day, blow dried to give it body, and that's about it. On lazy days I wear it up in a sloppy bun.

I have long straight hair (down to the bra strap in back), and I spritz some volumizer around the crown while leaning forward, then blow dry (don’t forget the heat protectant! :p).
Then I take my smallest-barreled curling iron and curl small sections of hair from just the top layer, all around the head. But I leave the end 2 inches and also the top 5 or so inches straight…does that make sense? Just the middle of the top layer of hair is curled. Sometimes I leave it all down, other times pull a little or a lot back and to the side.
Anyway, it looks pretty cute, it gets a lot of compliments. I’m a youtube hair tutorial addict!!!

That sounds intriguing. Any links?

:rotfl: aw!

[quote="SarahR, post:13, topic:180482"]
I have long straight hair (down to the bra strap in back), and I spritz some volumizer around the crown while leaning forward, then blow dry (don't forget the heat protectant! :p).
Then I take my smallest-barreled curling iron and curl small sections of hair from just the top layer, all around the head. But I leave the end 2 inches and also the top 5 or so inches straight....does that make sense? Just the middle of the top layer of hair is curled. Sometimes I leave it all down, other times pull a little or a lot back and to the side.
Anyway, it looks pretty cute, it gets a lot of compliments. I'm a youtube hair tutorial addict!!!

[/quote]

Really...so the bottom portion is straight, and part of the top curly. I am trying to picture this. Interesting! I am looking forward to growing it longer. Not too too long...but, it's been fun playing with some additional styles. The only thing I disliked about my hair shorter, was...I couldn't change the style. I am also interested in this tutorial...:) Thanks for sharing!

[quote="kage_ar, post:4, topic:180482"]

[/quote]

Why doesn't that surprise me?

For special occasions I wear what I call bombshell hair. Big curls with no frizz (not Texas big though). It takes forever for my wavy hair to cooperate, so I only do it whenever I have all day to do my hair.

I’m working on growing my hair too WG! Right now it’s about 3 inches past my shoulders. I have curly hair naturally, but not really cool curly hair that looks amazing…to get it to look good with anything I have to really work at it. I used to straighten my hair everyday (we always want the hair we don’t have huh? :rolleyes:) but the last time I got my hair cut at a salon I was complaining to the hairstylist about how I couldn’t get it to grow. I always do what they say, not brushing when it’s wet, not wrapping it up in a towel, but still it was breaking. She started combing through my hair and told me that my hair wasn’t breaking, it was getting so hot that the ends were exploding. :o:( Despite using a thermal protector, since I have to run the straightener through SEVERAL times, it was getting too hot for my hair to handle. So, lately it’s been rewet in the morning (I always shower at night) with some Herbal Essences Tousle me Softly (great mousse! :thumbsup:) and my bangs straighten/curled down. To look “pretty” I usually put in a headband, but leave my bangs, I think it’s a classy look for some reason. :shrug:

I just cut my hair again, and now it's back to shoulder-length. So much lighter and bouncy! For Christmas, I'll wear my black shiny scarf. :yup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.