Ladies who cover your heads - how old are you?

The various threads that come up here regarding a woman covering her head had me thinking - what is the average age for the woman on this site who DO cover their heads?

So - while this is in no way a scientific poll and really doesn’t mean much, let’s see the age range of those women who do cover their heads…

~Liza

I am no lady :smiley: but my guess for the average age 45+
People might have problem telling your age, so you might want to have pole with age range … say

30-40
41-50
51-60
61 and above

I don’t know if I fit the polling group exactly - I don’t cover as a general rule (don’t cover at a NO mass, etc). When I attend the TLM (which is far from every Sunday), I prefer to cover (and do). I’m in the range 30-40.

Don’t forget the under 30 crowd! :slight_smile: I think you’d be surprised at the number of young women who are embracing this tradition. I’m not saying that all young women do it, but I can think of at least a few, who are younger than I am, who cover. I couldn’t say that a few years ago.

I don’t mind saying that I am 28, and have been covering for a little over 2 yrs. I, too, am interested in seeing the results of this thread. :thumbsup:

Wow! I’m a youngin!

23 here! And my daughter is 3 (she covers more often then naught. Sometimes her veil ends up being worn by her stuffed kitty at Mass, though)

ohh, you are right. I remember I saw a very young lady wearing it at my parish.

P.S. What about you, Liza? :wink:

Cute! I want to get one for my niece/goddaughter. My sister would probably flip! :smiley: My niece isn’t quite 2 yet, though, so I’d like to wait a little bit longer. I was also thinking of getting one, or having one made, that’s more like the little chapel cap type thing that could be pinned in her hair, and maybe it would be less distracting to her. I don’t know…

DRAT!!! The site was giving me problems and this was supposed to be a poll!!! :mad: I only got not responding messages, and never even knew this one “took”!!!

I’ll re-do it, and if one of the mods can please delete this thread that would be most appreciated.

Sorry :blush:

~Liza

The various threads that come up here regarding a woman covering her head had me thinking - what is the average age for the woman on this site who DO cover their heads?

So - while this is in no way a scientific poll and really doesn’t mean much, let’s see the age range of those women who do cover their heads…

~Liza

I asked this one to be closed - the poll is now active in another thread.

So sorry everyone!! I suppose you can copy/paste your comments there, or maybe they can move them to that thread. :smiley:

~Liza

I don’t cover with a veil or hat. I do usually wear my hair up to Mass.

My daughter wears one as well (she’s 3), but her stuffed kitty she brings to Mass seems to end up wearing it more often (but she is getting used to it!)

I’m 25 and recently became acquainted with this lovely tradition. :slight_smile:

Wow! I’m pleasantly surprised! I would have guessed that most of the ladies covering their head here would be older than 50, but that does not appear to be the case at all!

Very cool!! :thumbsup:

42 :blush: But feel like I’m 28 :smiley:

~Liza

Where are the rest of the ladies?! I know there are more on these forums who cover! :wink:

There HAS to be more than only EIGHT!!! :smiley:

~Liza

Hi, I’m 20 and I generally cover in Mass. Here at home, I am a little hesitant because I already receive so much criticism for merely genuflecting before receiving Holy Communion. I think this is a beautiful practice and I will continue to do it. My future husband also appreciates it, first because he says it is less distracting, and secondly, because it reminds him of the beauty of womanhood, since that which is holy is covered in Mass.

I cannot vote in the poll even though I cover my head during Mass because I am only 14 years old.:wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.