Lady Fatimah

Who is she to Catholics?

wa salam

[quote=fatuma]Who is she to Catholics?

wa salam
[/quote]

Fatuma

Here in this forum, see “APOLOGETICS SECTION” look for topic “70,000 WITNESSES AT FATIMA” by Brown.(topic was opened only 6/28/05)

Sorry probably a stupid question but who do you mean by Lady Fatima? If you mean Our Lady of Fatima, ie the blessed Virgin Mary, than she is the Mother of our Lord, God and saviour Jesus. She along with all who are in heaven (Church Triumphant) intercedes on our behalf to God. This is not to say she or any of the saints are God’s or Godesses. They are creatures.

The “Lady Fatima” talked about in the apologetics section is Our Lady of Fatima. The Virgin Mary (Our Lady) appeared to three in children in the town of Fatima, Portugal in 1917 ( I believe this town was named after the Islamic Fatima when portugal was under Muslim influence) . She shared with them prophecies, and gave them a message for the world to practice prayer, and repentance, repentance, repentance because the world was breaking God’s heart with all of it’s sin. (This is of course a really short version of her message. She promised a sign so people would believe the children and the message. I believe the sign was called the miracle of the sun. The sun danced around the sky in front of the large crowd gathered to see if anything was going to happen.www.fatima.org is just one of many sites that discuss the appartitions at Fatima. It could give you a much more in depth account of what was done, and said, and seen at Fatima. Hope that helps.

As Summer Girl said, Our Lady of Fatima refers to the town of Fatima in Portugal. She should not be confused in any way with Fatima the daughter of Muhammad.

–Bill

[quote=fatuma]Who is she to Catholics?

wa salam
[/quote]

Friends,

The Lady Fatima, Fatuma is asking about has nothing to do with the Blessed Virgin Mary or the apparisions at Fatima.

Lady Fatima was a daughter of Muhammad, who Muslims consider to be the greatest and last prophet. And to answer Fatuma’s question I don’t think Catholics in general have any opinion about Muhammad’s daughter Fatima.

Fatima in Portugal is a place and doesn’t have anything to do with Muhammad’s daughter other than they have the same name. Just google “fatima+muhammad” and you will find articles about who she was.

oh, ok. Thanks

wa salam

The God of Abraham is the God of Hagar and Ishamel. He is the God who sent the Archangel Gabriel to Hagar and Ishmael in the desert so that they will not die. Without Hagar and Ishamael we won’t have Muslims today. If Abraham and Sarah followed God and did not doubt, THEY WOUDN"T HAVE DOUBTED GOD AND WOULDN"T HAVE DECIDED TO PRODUCE A CHILD VIA THEIR SLAVE HAGAR. BUT THE FACT IS THAT ABRAHAM AND SARAI DECIDED AND CARRIED OUT THEIR DECISION TO HAVE A CHILD THROUGH THEIR SLAVE HAGAR AND SUCCESSFULLY DID!!!

So was born ISHMAEL, who the Archangel Gabriel prophecied would be a man who would be very difficult to deal with, he will be against everybody!!!

But the God of Abraham LOVES THE DECENDANTS OF HAGAR, ISHMAEL, FOR THEY ARE DECENDANTS OF ABRAHAM TO WHOM GOD PROMISED: YOUR DECENDANTS WILL BE AS NUMEROUS AS THE STARS IN THE SKY."

Not only that, THE GOD OF ABRAHAM ALSO LOVES THE DECENDANTS OF KETURAH, THE OTHER WIFE OF ABRAHAM. THAT’S WHY THE VIRGIN MARY HAS BEEN APPEARING IN APPARITIONS NOT ONLY IN FATIMA AND GUADALUPE BUT ALSO IN OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE JAPAN, KOREA, THE PHILIPPINES AND OTHER COUNTRIES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

Who are you to say that the Apparition at Fatima has nothing to do with Muslims or Fatima, the favorite daughter of Mahomet?

Fatima, which is CATHOLIC CHURCH APPROVED is THE ONLY MARIAN APPARITION WHERE WE ARE TAUGHT BY AN ANGEL, the angel of Portugal, TO ADORE GOD IN THE MUSLIM POSTURE OF ADORATION ---- WHERE IN A KNEELING POSITION, THE PERSON ALSO BOWS DOWN WITH FOREHEAD TOUCHING THE GROUND!!! YES!!! THAT"S A UNIQUELY ISLAMIC, MUSLIM POSTURE OF ADORATION !!!

JUST BEFORE JESUS’ FIRST PUBLIC MIRACLE IN CANA WHERE MARY INTERCEDED FOR THE GROOM AND BRIDE AND TURNED SEVERAL JARS OF WATER INTO WINE ----- JESUS HAD A VERY LONG WONDERFUL CHAT WITH THE SAMARITAN WOMAN AT JACOB’S WELL, — AT HIGH NOON!!! 12:OO NOON ??? JUST LIKE IN FATIMA !!! WHERE THE VIRGIN MARY ALWAYS APPEARED AT 12:00 NOON, AND ALWAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEEDED BY A SINGLE BOLT OF LIGHTNING EAST OF THE APPARITION SITE, ON THE 13th OF EACH MONTH, (NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER) !!! AND THE LIGHTNING ALWAYS EXACTLY AT 12:00 NOON WAS SEEN BY THOUSANDS AND ON OCTOBER 13, 1917 by 70,000 PEOPLE INCLUDING MUSLIMS AND PEOPLE FROM OTHER RELIGIONS, ATHEISTS, AGNOSTICS.

By the way, when you come to think of it, THE SAMARITAN WOMAN MUST BE AN ANCIENT PALESTINIAN WOMAN!!! AN ANCESTOR OF MUSLIMS!!! AND JESUS LOVED THE SAMARITANS SO MUCH SO THAT THOUGH HE WAS A JEW, HE AND HIS APOSTLES STAYED WITH THE SAMARITANS, I THINK TWO DAYS. THEY AND THE SAMARITANS, HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. THIS WAS VERY UNUSUAL BECAUSE JEWS IN THE TIME OF JESUS DID NOT TALK WITH SAMARITANS, NOR DID THEY GO TO SAMARITAN LAND. . AND THEN THEY WENT TO CANA.

What on earth are you talking about !

My Goodness Eurasian!:eek: Did our Lady of Fatima said to listen to Muhammad???

Pio

Our Lady of Fatima was not a pro-Islamic apparation. She gave us the prayer, “Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell…” Saving and forgiving is what Jesus Christ does, not what Jesus the Islamic prophet does. The Fatima apparition was totally Christian.

Our Lady of Fatima was not a pro-Islamic apparation. She gave us the prayer, “Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell…” Saving and forgiving is what Jesus Christ does, not what Jesus the Islamic prophet does. The Fatima apparition was totally Christian.

AMEN!

Pio

[quote=Genesis315----from Post #11]Our Lady of Fatima was not a pro-Islamic apparation. She gave us the prayer, “Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell…” Saving and forgiving is what Jesus Christ does, not what Jesus the Islamic prophet does. The Fatima apparition was totally Christian.
[/quote]

“Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead ALL souls to heaven, especially those souls who most need Thy Mercy.”

When Jesus went into Samaritan Land, something no Rabii or Jew would do, when he had a long wonderful chat with the Samaritan Woman, when he and his apostles stayed with the Samaritan Villagers and they and the Samaritan Villagers were so happy, JESUS WAS LEADING SOULS OF DECENDANTS OF HAGAR, ISHMAEL, ABRAHAM TO HEAVEN!!!

Why? You think Jesus came to save ONLY THE DECENDANTS OF SARAH (SARAI)???

I propose that on the WORLD TRADE CENTER SITE, A SCULPTURE OF JESUS HAVING A CHAT WITH THE SAMARITAN (ANCIENT PALESTINIAN) WOMAN IN JACOBS WELL BE DONE.

THAT’S BETTER THAN ALL THESE VERY TALL BUILDINGS WHICH ARE ONLY REMINDERS OF THE BIBLICAL TOWER OF BABEL. WERE GOD PUNISHED THEM WITH A LIGHTNING STRIKE, THEY ALL COULD NOT UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER ANYMORE!!!

IN FATIMA, GOD AGAIN WAS USING A LIGHTING STRIKE, EXACTLY AT 12:00 NOON IN THE EASTERN SKY. JUST LIKE WITH JESUS AND THE SAMARITAN WOMAN AT THE WELL, ALSO HIGH NOON!!!

Hold on, I just checked your profile.
It says you are Catholic.

Incredible !

:eek:

[quote=The Eurasian]+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

“Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead ALL souls to heaven, especially those souls who most need Thy Mercy.”

When Jesus went into Samaritan Land, something no Rabii or Jew would do, when he had a long wonderful chat with the Samaritan Woman, when he and his apostles stayed with the Samaritan Villagers and they and the Samaritan Villagers were so happy, JESUS WAS LEADING SOULS OF DECENDANTS OF HAGAR, ISHMAEL, ABRAHAM TO HEAVEN!!!

Why? You think Jesus came to save ONLY THE DECENDANTS OF SARAH (SARAI)???

I propose that on the WORLD TRADE CENTER SITE, A SCULPTURE OF JESUS HAVING A CHAT WITH THE SAMARITAN (ANCIENT PALESTINIAN) WOMAN IN JACOBS WELL BE DONE.

THAT’S BETTER THAN ALL THESE VERY TALL BUILDINGS WHICH ARE ONLY REMINDERS OF THE BIBLICAL TOWER OF BABEL. WERE GOD PUNISHED THEM WITH A LIGHTNING STRIKE, THEY ALL COULD NOT UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER ANYMORE!!!

IN FATIMA, GOD AGAIN WAS USING A LIGHTING STRIKE, EXACTLY AT 12:00 NOON IN THE EASTERN SKY. JUST LIKE WITH JESUS AND THE SAMARITAN WOMAN AT THE WELL, ALSO HIGH NOON!!!
[/quote]

I’m kind of confused as to what your point is. I agree that Jesus came to save ALL. That’s why He is the savior and God incarnate. What I meant by the apparition not b ing pro-Islam is that it does not support the Muslim religion. If you mean that the apparition was geared towards the conversion of Muslims, well then, your point may be more reasonable–I personally see it more as a call to conversion of everyone.

The point of this thread has been achieved, I am more knowledgeable. Go somewhere else to bicker among yourselves.

wa salam

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.