Lady Gaga's Judas-Lyrics actually not that bad?

So, I know the song Judas by Lady Gaga has been extremely controversial among Christians. However, as I was really listening to the lyrics the other day, I wasn’t sure that the song was as controversial as made out to be. Thoughts?

My possible interpretation of lyrics…

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

Judas! Judaas Judas! Judaas
Judas! Judaas Judas! GAGA (She’s gaga over this guy)

When he comes to me I am ready
I’ll wash his feet with my hair if he needs
Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain
Even after three times he betrays me (This guy treats her awful/Biblical reference to Christ’s crucifixion . She’d do anything for him, despite his sins.)

I’ll bring him down, bring him down, down (She’s determined to overcome the abuse.)
A king with no crown, king with no crown (He is of great importance despite the fact that he is often no recognized as such.)

[Chorus]
I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel
But I’m still in love with Judas, baby
But I’m still in love with Judas, baby She’s crazy about him, despite the fact that he has done wrong.

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

Judas! Judaas Judas! GAGA

I couldn’t love a man so purely
Even prophets forgave his crooked way
I’ve learned love is like a brick you can
Build a house or sink a dead body She’s never been so in love. We know from the Bible that it is believed that Judas had to betray Jesus, so she justifies that love by saying even prophets forgave his ways. Love can build you up or tear you down.

I’ll bring him down, bring him down, down
A king with no crown, king with no crown

[Chorus]

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

[Bridge]
Ew
In the most Biblical sense,
I am beyond repentance
Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind
But in the cultural sense
I just speak in future tense
Judas, kiss me if offenced,
Or wear an ear condom next time (Probably the most controversial verse, but basically think it means her sins are many and she doesn’t think it is possible for her to repent and sin no more. Also, a reference to Judas betraying Jesus with a kiss.)

I wanna love you,
But something’s pulling me away from you
Jesus is my virtue,
Judas is the demon I cling to
I cling to (Jesus Christ is good and she can feel him calling her to do good and sin no more. Judas is her temptation to sin, or in other words, “her demon”. She is struggling with right and wrong.)

[Chorus]

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Judas

Judas! Judaas Judas! GAGA

[/FONT]

Wine’s been poured and thank the Lord! That’s what I’ve been saying this whole past year.

Hmmmm… :shrug:

I think Judas is a metaphor for her boyfriend. Yeah, I agree with you; the lyrics aren’t that bad. (It’s not my kind of music though.)

This is why I don’t get too bent out of shape over lyrics in songs. A lot of them are deliberately crafted to be very ambiguous, which allow many people to read many things into them.

The song itself is not as good as her previous ones, sadly.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.