L'arnacoeur (Heartbreaker)

Hi

I wonder if someone can help me with this?

Normally, I go to the US conference of catholic bishops to look up movie reviews before I watch movies if I can, but sadly, the site seems to only show US movies, and I have been asked to see a France-made movie next week called “l’arnacoeur” or “Heartbreaker”. It’s from 2010.

Has anyone seen it, or is in the know about it?:shrug: Does it contain a lot of objectional things? Anyone know where I can get a rating for it? (I found a catholic site which talked about it and said it was enjoyable but they seem to have a more liberal taste than USCCB).

Since this is part of the french culture education in my program I am expected to be at the showing. I would try to get out if it was really bad, but I am an adult and I have a high tolerance for most movies.

Thanks for any help you can give!

CotL

quote="ChildOfTheLight, post:1, topic:242753".

[/quote]

That's the problem with movie reviews. You have to find a reviewer whose tastes and tolerance are the same as your own. :(

I assume you are referring to the SIGNIS review which is hosted by the Archdiocese of Kota Kinabalu.
kkdiocese.net/media/movie.cnt?c=heartbreaker_larnacoeur

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.