Last charge dropped against anti-abortion duo behind Planned Parenthood videos

A Texas judge on Tuesday dismissed the last remaining charge against two anti-abortion activists who made undercover videos allegedly showing Planned Parenthood officials selling baby body parts.

District Judge Brock Thomas dismissed the charge of tampering with government records against 27-year-old David Daleiden and 63-year-old Sandra Merritt upon the request of the Harris County prosecutor’s office.

“The dismissal of the bogus, politically motivated charges against project lead David Daleiden and investigator Sandra Merritt is a resounding vindication of the First Amendment rights of all citizen journalists, and also a clear warning to any of Planned Parenthood’s political cronies who would attack whistleblowers to protect Planned Parenthood from scrutiny,” Daleiden said in a statement.

foxnews.com/us/2016/07/26/last-charge-dropped-against-anti-abortion-duo-behind-planned-parenthood-videos.html

Excellent news! The charges were a sham from the get go. It was an attempt to silence whistleblowers and those shining a light on abortion and Planned Parenthood.

It would be awesome if they would file suit against the DA for even bringing the bogus charges and abuse of office.

FYI - The prosecution is the one who recommended dismissal. It was the grand jury that indicted them when consider charges against PP. Houston is rather pro-abortion. No telling what kind of make up that had to have had on that grand jury (having had abortions, or benefited from them) to come up with such a twist.

The prosecution and Planned Parenthood both wanted the charges dropped because they were fearful of what would come out in the discovery process.

Given time to work, justice serves…

Thank you God!

:thumbsup::D:)

I believe they have some footage that hasn’t been seen yet. One that comes to mind are the videos from the Abortion conference (or whatever it was) that got blocked due to privacy. I saw one of those that was blocked. It was an eye opener but showed nothing illegal. I’m curious what else he has.

Praise be to the Holy Spirit … for the inspiration and guidance.

Fantastic! I’m very glad to hear it.

Super! Thank you, Lord!
:slight_smile:

There is still a civil suit filed in California. If PP wants to roll the dice on what becomes public, let them. They did file in the friendliest federal court they could find for baby killers.

:thumbsup:

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.