Last Fatima Secret

Greetings,

In our parish bulletin last Sunday there was a flyer talking about the last fatima secret. This ‘secret’ talked about things that would occur soon (e.g. 8 hour earthquake, 2/3 of world will die, etc., etc). All of these tribulations would occur after someone ‘important’ is assassinated.

This doesn’t appear to be anything like I understood the third secret of Fatima to be really about. Does anybody here have any idea where this “NEW” “Last” secret originated?

It seems to me that this is a hoax; but it is troubling that it was given to every parishioner that attended Mass this week - especially if it is bogus.

Thank you,

Robert

Here is a link to the official vatican information on the Third Secret of Fatima. vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20000626_message-fatima_en.html

What you had the bulletin resembles some of the Garabandal prophecies. . .which are NOT accepted by the Church, though even if they were they would be “private revelation” and thus non-binding. Perhaps someone made an honest mistake and confused “secrets”?

Tantum ergo,

Thank you for your response. I failed to mention that the flyer had a hand written statement that the Pope released the following “last secret” this year on Jan 07 (2005). This implies that it is a newly released prophecy.

-Rob

Anyone else?

I can’t see anything that is accurate.
The secret was released in 2000.
None of the secrets dealt with an 8 hr earthquake, 2/3 of the people dying…etc.

The link already provided should clear it up for you.

Who put this in your bulletin?
They need a good spankin :smiley:

:thumbsup:

The last Fatima secret was thought to refer to the assasination attempt on Pope JP II. It mentioned the Bishop in white laying face down after being struck down.

Pope JP II basically said the secret was a reference to his ordeal.

No such announcements was made in my parish or at the National Shrine or in any news service (nor from the visionaries in Medjugore). Even if it were an off the wall prediction, some mention should have filtered down through the news services. And if came from some Marian visionary, I would think it would be consistent with other Marian visionaries.
wc

Many believe the third secret was not released by the Vatican and the current one on the Vatican website is not it, as well that the vision of the Bishop in White does not refer to John Paul II’s assassination attempt, because in the vision, the bishop (thought to be the Holy Father) dies, and so too do many other priests and people following him. The vision seems to depict a destroyed Rome, which other prophecies state will be destroyed during the tribulations and persecution against the faithful.

Many believe the third secret refers to coming Apostasy in the Church. Garabandal is believed to be a follow up to Fatima, because the Church failed to make the third secret known in 1960.

Garabandal is believed to be a follow up to Fatima

links for garabandal??? i’ve never heard of it
thanks

apparitions.org/garabandal.html
garabandal.com/
garabandal.org/

The sites don’t give a lot of detailed information, I recommend searching for books instead, there are many written about this yet unapproved apparition. Many things repeated here were similar to things said by Lucia of Fatima. As well it is interesting to note the parallels between the prophecies of Garabandal and Medjugorje, another unapproved apparition, both are controversial. Descriptions of the darker prophecies can also be found similar to those in Scripture, in the Book of Revelations.

[quote=jdnation]Many believe the third secret was not released by the Vatican and the current one on the Vatican website is not it, as well that the vision of the Bishop in White does not refer to John Paul II’s assassination attempt, because in the vision, the bishop (thought to be the Holy Father) dies
[/quote]

Well he did die and perhaps his death was in part caused by the assasination attempt. Perhaps it partially caused his future health problems.

, and so too do many other priests and people following him. The vision seems to depict a destroyed Rome, which other prophecies state will be destroyed during the tribulations and persecution against the faithful.

Perhaps it’s talking about a Rome that is spiritually destroyed.

[quote=tuopaolo]Well he did die and perhaps his death was in part caused by the assasination attempt. Perhaps it partially caused his future health problems.

Perhaps it’s talking about a Rome that is spiritually destroyed.
[/quote]

Perhaps, but this wouldn’t be the only prophecy referring to an actual war torn and destroyed Rome. (St. Malachy and the last Pope for example) It seems a lot of these prophecies from different places are harmonizing.

The idea that the vision refers of John Paul II and is only ‘symbolic’ is an interpretation given by Cardinal Ratzinger and Sadano, and even Ratzinger contradicted himself by mentioning once that the third secret had to do with ‘loss of faith.’ The vision of the bishop in white doesn’t appear to be the whole thing, or is another prophecy altogether.

[quote=Tantum ergo]Here is a link to the official vatican information on the Third Secret of Fatima. vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20000626_message-fatima_en.html

What you had the bulletin resembles some of the Garabandal prophecies. . .which are NOT accepted by the Church, though even if they were they would be “private revelation” and thus non-binding. Perhaps someone made an honest mistake and confused “secrets”?
[/quote]

I printed this out and read it, really interesting and awesome commentary by Cardinal Ratzinger.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.