Last Gospel and Leonine Prayers

Hello. :) May the Last Gospel and Leonine Prayers be included in the EF as per Summorum Pontificum, or are they still suppressed?

God bless you for answering my question. :blessyou:

The Last Gospel, most certainly, as it is part of the 1962 Missal.

As to the Leonine prayers, they are extra-liturgical. They are said after Mass (but before the recessional hymn) at my OF parish.

As such, there is no prohibition on what prayers can or cannot be said in the Church after Mass ( which is really at the Ite, Missa Est)

As Brendan showed, these are provided for in the 1962 MR. Per SP, they should be used at low Mass.

[quote="drforjc, post:3, topic:345983"]
As Brendan showed, these are provided for in the 1962 MR. Per SP, they should be used at low Mass.

[/quote]

What about Sung Masses or High Masses? May the Last Gospel still be said quietly at them, or does SP only allow for Low Masses?

[quote="bben15, post:4, topic:345983"]
What about Sung Masses or High Masses? May the Last Gospel still be said quietly at them, or does SP only allow for Low Masses?

[/quote]

SP allows for every rubrical use of the 1962 Missal. I personally have been to a few Solemn High Pontifical Masses ( including one with the music for the Mass done by members of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra :thumbsup: )

te-deum.blogspot.com/2012/10/photos-solemn-high-pontifical-mass-with.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.