Last hour of the year Adoration

I just wanted to ask if any other parishes were holding Eucharistic adoration tomorrow (31st) from 11 pm to 12 am for the last hour of the year. It was announced Sunday that our parish was and I was so excited. DH and I are going to go. He’s not Catholic (yet…) and has some doubts about the Eucharist so I’m hoping that maybe something will touch him during this special holy hour. So keep us in your prayers!

My parish won’t, but I think they should though!

Yes - our cathedral is about two-thirds of the way through the traditional “forty-hours” of Eucharistic Adoration. It is always held at this time of the year - started yesterday morning and continuing until tomorrow morning.

My parish has Adoration every third Thursday of the month and maybe a few other times but not much more than that. Neighboring parish has Adoration once a week on Thursdays plus adoration on Sat and Sun the last weekend January and first weekend of February during Christ Renews His Parish

We have a wonderful Adoration Chapel that is open all day until 8pm usually. We also have permission to have it open for certain 40 hour devotions. Tonight it will be open until midnight. We went for some time with Christ after the vigil Mass tonight.

In 1999/2000, our parish started having an hours’ Adoration followed by Mass at midnight. We all liked the idea of greeting the New Year with Adoration and Mass rather than with drunken revelry as is the case with so many. Our church is located close to the center of town so our presence there was also a witness to others of a different way to greet the New Year. We even used to get people straggling over after the ‘countdown’ at our town’s main intersection.

Sadly, we got a new parish priest 2 years ago who put a stop to it declaring that it was not liturgical. I would really like it to be reinstated now that that priest has been transferred back to Perth. I found it to be a really good way to usher in the New Year and dedicate it to the Lord.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.