Last opportunity to hear our pontiff

When is the last opportunity to hear our pope talk as pontiff? I know he will retire after the 28th and the cardinals will be running things but I would like to hear his holiness once more atleast.

From yesterday’s press release fro the Vatican Information Service

Vatican City, 21 February 2013 (VIS) – This morning Fr. Federico Lombardi, director of the Holy See Press Office, presented information related to the Holy Father’s calendar and clarified some issues that have been raised in the past few days.

At 9:00am on Saturday, 23 February, the Holy Father and the Roman Curia will conclude their spiritual exercises. Traditionally, the Pope addresses those present briefly. That same day, at 11:30am, he will meet with the President of the Italian Republic Giorgio Napolitano. On Sunday, 24 February, Benedict XVI will pray the last Angelus of his pontificate with the faithful gathered in St. Peter’s Square. On Wednesday, 27 February, Benedict XVI’s final general audience will take place in St. Peter’s Square in the usual fashion, except for his re-entry to the Apostolic Palace, the path of which will wind around the square in the popemobile so that he may greet the many participants who are expected (to date, over 30,000 people have requested tickets). On 28 February, as announced in a notice from the Papal Household, he will personally greet all the cardinals present in Rome, that is, both those who are resident here and those who have come to the capitol in recent days. There will be no speech.

Regarding his departure from the Vatican, shortly before 5:00pm, the Pope will greet Cardinal Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone, S.D.B., in the San Damaso Courtyard and, upon reaching the Vatican heliport, will bid farewell to Cardinal Angelo Sodano, dean of the College of Cardinals. On arrival at Castel Gandolfo he will be received by the president and secretary of the Governorate of Vatican City, the mayor of the town, and other civil authorities and will appear at the balcony of the Apostolic Palace to greet the faithful present.

The slanted News Media is making this succession sound like a political circus and if true I find it very disappointing. Remember the Biblical ref. of James and John sitting at the lords right hand in heaven. When the apostles were trying to decide who the 2nd best... this sounds like that and I am disgusted by it. I am disgusted by human arrogance that they think they have a choice when it is God who should be making it. I am very disappointed right now and angry at the Vatican.

If you follow him on twitter, I read somewhere (can't remember the link--sorry) that he will tweet for the last time around Feb. 27. Then his twitter account will be shut down. No one has said whether the next pope will have a twitter account.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.